WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Noobie Decisions

I've been bouncing to and fro'! WBBB or HH? I actually had intended to have my hammock (HH) and accessories ordered this morning.

HH, I like very much! I want the DJ (zipper style is important to me) since it seems to be pretty stoutly made, etc; but the price. The HH comes with a lot of stuff; rain fly, etc. I'd prefer a HAMMOCK price with some options for the rain fly. The "Cub" special is unimportant to me since I don't have a youngster small enough for that hammock.

WBBB, I like also! The shelf and foot box are unimportant to me. But, the options for tarps; good grief Charlie Brown! There are SO many options and I REALLY like that Super Fly!

Decisions, decisions! As it turns out the price per package ends up about the same. My Christmas tree will NOT have my 1st hammock under it this year! Maybe I should DIY. I like the thought, but it will delay my 1st chance at hanging. Santa, please help me decide!

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have both... Love the WBBB better. Your choice.. lay in both of them before you buy if you can.
    Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixin' To View Post
    HH, I like very much! I want the DJ (zipper style is important to me) since it seems to be pretty stoutly made, etc; but the price. The HH comes with a lot of stuff; rain fly, etc. I'd prefer a HAMMOCK price with some options for the rain fly. The "Cub" special is unimportant to me since I don't have a youngster small enough for that hammock.

WBBB, I like also! The shelf and foot box are unimportant to me. But, the options for tarps; good grief Charlie Brown! There are SO many options and I REALLY like that Super Fly!
    I had a HH, liked the hammock, its very sturdy material. Did not like the tarp with it. Also I didn't like the ropes that come with the HH and switched them to whoopies. I ended up selling this hammock.
    I have WBBB. I too didn't know if I'd like the shelf or the foot box. Well I found out that when using this hammock, that shelf is extreamly handy. Mainly because it's an out of the way space that's still "inside" the hammock with you. Say I get hot during the night and want to peel off a layer. But it's either really cold or maybe raining. I can put those clothes in the shelf. And in the morning just reach over, grab them and put them back on. Now for me the foot box is a non issue because I'm short and my feet are just barely reaching it. My husband is 6'4" and seriously makes use of that foot box.

Of the two hammocks that I had/have, I like the WBBB the best. I like being able to pick and choose the different options, like which tarp and what kind of straps on the hammock.

The material on the HH is a lot heavier and probably will take more abuse than the material the BB is made from. If you're gonna be going to ground or you're really ruff on your gear, you might be happier with the HH. (please note that this is only my observations on the HH and the BB that I have)

I would guess that for a person just starting out, it's nice to get an "all in one" package. That's actually what I did when I bought my first hammock.

Images
    MAN UP!

Pull the trigger.

The only wrong decision would be delaying your decision. You can't go wrong with either one - enjoy the madness.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    MAN UP!

Pull the trigger.

The only wrong decision would be delaying your decision. You can't go wrong with either one - enjoy the madness.
    I like that answer! I'm about to retire so I'm being very cautious here.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    While I vote for the BB, if you do get one and decide you don't like it (rare but it does happen) you can turn around and sell it on this forum for almost full price and usually in just a few hours. No other hammock I know of can make that claim.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I have a hennesey and wish I would have purchased a black bird (I like the footbox)..... With that said, for the money I would just make a DIY gathered end hammock. I've made one of those and I prefer it to my hennessey. With the cost savings you could purchase a really nice tarp. I made my hammock, suspension, and tree straps for around $20 and it only took me about 2 hours to do!
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Another thing to point out.... If you get the HH you can always sell the cub and standard tarp on here and make some money back....
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    i'll give you $40 for the Cub/tarp and that will be a good way to recoup some of the $ you spent.. just to help you get off the ground, and help one of the local kids in my charity also.. to get off the ground.

Hammock
    diy,SB,WB
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    HG , Diy
    Suspension
    Whoopassees
    I have both. WBBB!!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast