Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcakes View Post
    An ENO was my first hammock and I love it but if I may suggest... check out Wilderness Logics Night Owl. It is a longer hammock with double layered fabric for pad insertion. They also come with Tree Hugger Straps and already have Whoopie Slings on them! And they're on sale right now for 110 bucks.
    http://wildernesslogics.com/Night-Owl-Night-Owl.htm

Forgot to mention...Free Shipping!

I will second this.. if I don't go bridge, I'm getting one of these. HamMike had one at the Ohio Hang and one look converted me. My only issues with the ENO dbl, this hammock addresses and it may be lighter, feels nicer IMHO and has a head and footbox without having to have an attatched bugnet. He said he even was able to sleep on his stomach for a bit with only a minimal flex. Thing is a beauty.

As far as bugnets go, ENO's is VERY heavy.. for the same price points there are better options that your back will thank you for

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    The Warbonnet Bug Net & Wilderness Logics Bug Net are very similar. Both are $65.00 the only diff. is the WL net is 8oz and the WB is 7.5 . But the the ENO net is a whopping 16oz!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    eno dbl is a great backpacking hammock, like everyone else has said, a separate bug net is best and wl and wb are great ones! oh yea replace stock rope, metal biner, and cut of the straps of the bag...
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    OWL 12' Tad Pole
    Insulation
    30° 3/4 leighlo g3
    Suspension
    SLINGS & TREE HUG
    Thanks again for all the recommendations. I'll definitely take a look at the night owl. I like that it has a space for your sleeping pad to slide in. How is the width vs. a double nest? As far as weight on the bug net, its all lighter than the tent I currently pack, so the 8 oz difference is not a big deal to me, and it sure will be a lot more comfortable.

Any recommendations on a tarp in the $80 to $100 range.

-john

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john_boy View Post
    Thanks again for all the recommendations. I'll definitely take a look at the night owl. I like that it has a space for your sleeping pad to slide in. How is the width vs. a double nest? As far as weight on the bug net, its all lighter than the tent I currently pack, so the 8 oz difference is not a big deal to me, and it sure will be a lot more comfortable.

-john
    The Night Owl is 58" wide and the Eno is 80" There is a lot of wasted fabric that kind of flops around on the Double Nest. Some people cut off the extra fabric (that is the different color you see) to fix the issue. I didn't on mine because it doesn't bother me but it has no real use. Marty at WL will make it any width you want though if you call him.

Just last night I helped a friend choose a tarp and we did comparisons on price. WL beat most everyone out won bigger tarps than two competitors. I have an OES Ultra that is wonderful but I also have a cheaper (and heavier) Chinook that I like too. To do over? I might go with a Wilderness Logic Big Daddy at $85.00 that's 40 bucks less than what I paid. Since I got turned on to WL I've been very impressed.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Quote Originally Posted by john_boy View Post

-john
    a) Lite Owl to the ENO dbl as far as width, I believe Mike told me it's even wider than the ENO dbl, if not then it's got to be the same size but it looked wider than my ENO dbl to me.

b) Several decent tarps in that range. There are the Chinook tarps, Kelty Noah, (The Elusive) Guide Gear tarp. There's also a decent tarp over at the Jack R Better website for the frugal hammocker for about 35.00 I think. You can look at the ENO's if you want, the ProFly would be the only one I'd look twice at. I HAVE a FastFly but that was just out of necessity of a tarp at the time and it was the only one. Good summer tarp I guess.. 22oz though vs my Old Man Winter tarp that weighs 19oz for 4x the coverage.

Personally, I'd see if you can stow away 10 or 20 bucks here or there during these cold months (unless you're trying to winter hang NOW) and try to get a deal on a tarp here or just buy one outright from one of the vendors here. Of course I'm assuming winter, my apologies. If you're looking for a good 3 season tarp you may look at Wilderness Logics or OES.

Hammock
    Currently ENO Double
    Suspension
    SLS with rings
    I am 6'9" and 270, and the Double Nest has tons of room. As for the other items i am still learning as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12