Oware doesn't get a lot of air time on this forum for some reason. Even though they carry fabric and tarps. I think it is because they are primarily focused on the ground dwellers with most of their product offerings.

Oware had a recent deal I couldn't pass up on its fabric. I noticed they have an awesome deal on their coyote brown 70d Ripstop nylon for $2-3 a yard, depending on how much you order.

I didn't know why it was so cheap, but for that price I couldn't pass it up. I was extremely pleased with what I received, it looks like awesome fabric with no flaws I could detect.

On top of what I ordered, he added a note that he added some extra, and by extra I mean a lot of extra, including multiple yards of other ripstop fabrics he had on hand. It was like winning the Christmas jackpot.

It is not ultralight fabric, but it is what I like for making single layer hammocks.

Here is the product description:

Ripstop Nylon, 70 denier, Uncoated with a Durable Water Repellant Finish, 58" wide, Sold by the linear yard, Aprox weight 1.9 ounces per yard squared Coyote Brown

http://shop.bivysack.com/product.sc?...&categoryId=10

He has definitely won my future business. Time for me to get back to the sewing machine.....got lots and lots of hammocks to make.

I am not affiliated with Oware or David Olsen, just a very happy customer.

BG