Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps

The Claytor JH Looks Good!

Seriously good. I just started looking, so I know nothing. My son in the AF recommends a HH, because that's what he has, and he likes it. But the Claytor appeals to me more. I can get camo/camo; this appeals to me very much. I'll be using it in the south; it seems to be quite usable in hot, humid, rainy situations. I'm not too worried about the stock rigging issues I've read about here, that should be a piece of cake to sort out.

Hey, it would be my first hammock. I see there are some members here who have several flavors of hammocks, and regard their Claytor JH's highly.

So, I guess my question is, is there really any significant benefit in agitating over the decision of what hammock to start with, or should I just pull the trigger and order a Claytor just cause it appeals to me, and start hanging in it and tweaking it till it satisfies me?

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I like the Claytor Jungle hammock, but if I had it to do over again, I would just invest in the WB Blackbird. They are great hammocks, and they hold their value if you ever decide to sell. Many folks here have the WBBB and can tell you more than I can. Just my $.02.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    I have two Claytor's. neither is a JH, but I love them both. The stock suspension isn't bad, in fact it is the quite quick and easy. I still use it for one of my Claytors, the other I swapped it out to a cinch buckle and webbing. Both have their pros/cons. If the Claytor appeals to you, go for it. I am very happy with mine.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    I have two Claytor's. neither is a JH, but I love them both. The stock suspension isn't bad, in fact it is the quite quick and easy. I still use it for one of my Claytors, the other I swapped it out to a cinch buckle and webbing. Both have their pros/cons. If the Claytor appeals to you, go for it. I am very happy with mine.
    Agree, if it appeals to you then get it! And the price is right for dbl layer netted hammock AND tarp! You can always get something else later if you change your mind, and even sell it if needed to help finance the other, shouldn't be a huge loss. I have had 2 Claytors and liked them fine. I sold the JH, having several other netted hammocks, but that Claytor No Net is still one of my main go to winter hammocks for use with a PeaPod. But I always regretted selling that camo diamond Claytor JH tarp.

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    Yep I am going to pull the trigger on a Claytor soon. I don't see any downside to that decision. Its obvious here in the Hammock Forums that the WBBB hammocks are very popular, but also more $$ to get to the same level of functionality. I figure I'll get the Claytor, use it, and if I ever get to the point where I think it is important to have something else, I'll do what everyone else does, and get a second hammock!

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    i been using my claytor camo jungle 5 years nowneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    It's the funniest feeling, but I've looked at pictures in the gallery of hundreds of what must be very wonderful hammocks, but every time I see the Claytor JH, and it just looks like what I want my home in the woods to be. A bit intangible, I realize, but that's the reality of it.

I've been around a lot of years (more than I care to admit), and I've learned to trust my gut instincts - they have ALWAYS been right! I haven't placed the order with Claytor yet; only because I posted what I want in the classifieds here in case someone has one they want to pass along, but I've given this a lot of thought now, and whether used or new, the Claytor JH will be my first hammock.

Maybe, just maybe, it won't meet my expectations and I'll move on. But as my Dad is fond of saying, you pays your money and you takes your chances!

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    I am so jazzed!

When I got home today, there was a Priority Mail package waiting for me from BajaHanger! Inside it, a drop-dead gorgeous beaut of a camo Claytor JH rigged with whoopie slings, and the Claytor camo tarp, and snakeskins. Oh my what a way to start the weekend!

It's raining now and I work tomorrow, but sometime this weekend this baby is going to be set up and tested! Woo Hoo!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile Sanders View Post
    I am so jazzed!

When I got home today, there was a Priority Mail package waiting for me from BajaHanger! Inside it, a drop-dead gorgeous beaut of a camo Claytor JH rigged with whoopie slings, and the Claytor camo tarp, and snakeskins. Oh my what a way to start the weekend!

It's raining now and I work tomorrow, but sometime this weekend this baby is going to be set up and tested! Woo Hoo!
    That's great, Croc! I really liked my Claytor JH, only got rid of it because I didn't need so many netted hammocks. Still love my Claytor No Net, and still wish I had not sold the Claytor camo diamond tarp.

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    Well, with the rain stopping briefly, I broke out some 550 cord, borrowed some strap material from one of my sons, made some toggles and set about getting my new hammock set up in the yard. It was definitely a learning experience, but what with all of the info here and on YouTube, I set up the tarp and hammock.

Sooo nice! Very comfortable, lots of room inside and overhead once I got the netting somewhat worked out. Now I get to finesse everything into the most functional kit I can, but that'll be a fun process!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Crocodile Sanders; 01-21-2012 at 21:49.
    Hangin' round beats on the ground...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bob

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast