Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    working on it
    Suspension
    webbing

Has anyone ever used this type of bug net?

hammock bug net

Does anyone here use a net like this? Basically, it's a net that drapes over the hammock with pockets sewn to the edges and weighted so that the net seals itself to the sides of the hammock. Does anyone in mosquito country know how well it works?

Thanks,
    Rob

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Well; I kinda doubt the guy in the video did a good test -- not sure what species of mosquito thrives with 6" of snow on the ground

But that is very similar to the homemade bugnet I use in balmier weather. I've found it works almost as well as a full sewn net. The location of the rock pockets is what makes for a good seal.

In fairness; some mosquitoes do occasionally get through. I also apply permitherin to my net and hammock so I'm sure that helps.

I really like the low weight, ability to take it off when not needed and quick access to stuff on the found even when I've got the net on.
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    I think I've seen a few folks on here who have used this type of netting. Sgt Rock comes to mind. You should also check out Fronkey's video on a homemade bugnet. I think that is the style I'm going to change to. Currently I've got my stock HH but I'm looking to make it accessible from the topside rather than thru the bottom entry. I think it will the the cheapest most pain free mod I can do. Good luck!!

Sunny
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I've used a bug net like that for the past few years. Its ok, but I'm really sold on fronkeys design. Thats definitely on my list of diy projects for 2012!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I kind of like the Fronkey bug net too.

The bug net I made I used all last year and it worked great. My favorite thing about it was that when I got out of my hammock, it closed up on it's own and I didn't have to play with any zippers etc. Also, you can adjust your underquilt no problem which is a big deal for me as well.

Here is the link for the "How to"

Fronkey

• + New Posts