I had a post up earlier about a North GA Hang. The dates were going to be the 4,5,& 6th of January. Well as usual, work hours changed so now I have changed the dates to the 6,7 & 8th. So here is the scoop:

Where: Chattooga River upstream of Burrels Ford Campground

Directions taken from Swampfox: Hike north along the Chattooga from Burrells Ford to the bridge over the East Fork. There is a multitude of hanging opportunities just before you cross the bridge. It's about a 30-45 minute easy hike from the trailhead.

When: Friday January 6 - Sunday January 8

I have a meeting Friday morning and plan on leaving shortly after that. Should get to the river early afternoon. I am planning on camping down in the area near the footbridge across the East Fork. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of hanging spaces.

Conditions

Now I do not mind cold weather but if it looks like it is going to be a nasty weekend I probably will not go. Temps in the low 20's do not bother me, low teens may be questionable but not out of the possibility. Low 30's and rain all day, definitely out. After all, I do this for fun not to prove anything. So lets keep and eye out on the weather and look at this site Wednesday and Thursday before the trip.

So looking forward to all of you to come along.

Lazybee, you can make it now because it is the weekend.

Floorman, hope you can make it and I have a new saw to help with the fire.