I had a few moments to finish some of the things I was working on, so I finally posted pics. I finished my tree straps (made the first ones out of nylon, the second with 2 inch seatbelt strapping from Strapworks), my tube tent, my DIY speer type hammock using the HH folds, and started on a sandwich UQ.
Hammock is nothing special - 110" long, 58" wide double layered (for pad) Starter Satin nylon. Extremely comfortable to lay in, but a little heavy for packing. Good backyard hammock. I whipped the ends with a zip tie and mule tape. Structural ridgeline. I plan on adding a bug sock at some point, which is necessary in Wisconsin in the summer.
Tube tent. The idea here was to create a hammock sock with some structure. I haven't found the right rigid tubing to create the "tube" yet, but you can get the idea. The tent/sock can be used without the tubes as a regular, albeit oversized, sock. Tube tent was created using 2 - 60 inch wide x 4 yard long strips of white 1.1 oz ripstop nylon sil. After sewing, 10' 6" long and 116" circumference. I used muletape for it's slipperiness as the drawstring on the head end - extremely easy to thread. I use a string to draw the tube to its full length over my head to the end of the hammock while inside. Tieouts on the sides, and ridgeline loops on the top if you want to use an external ridgeline. I couldn't get a good picture of it, but there is an internal vapor shield drop-down segment to keep your breath vapor in the head portion of the tent/sock, which is held in by simple ties. I slept in this the other night - woke up with frost all around outside - temp hit 34 degrees. I was toasty all night with my sandwich UQ and a three layer top quilt made of fleece, mystery walmart polyester and an outer shell of 1.1 untreated ripstop. No condensation inside at all.