WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

CRL Question

OK... I use a Continuous Ridge line to suspend my tarp. I have seen and read about the position of the ridge line Over the tarp or Under tarp. I currently have my CRL under the tarp.. I like it this way because I can hang things like socks etc from it and they can dry out. I have been thinking about heavy rain though and the fact that water can run down the ridge line and ultimately drip. Thus the Over the tarp CRL configuration may be the better way to go? My current set will allow for either way without any adjustment other than flipping the tarp under the ridge line.
    Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Mine is under as well and for the same reason. Not to mention the added support in winter use with snow. As far as rain goes, its the same issue with the hammock suspension in which drip lines work well. For the most part, my figure nines which tensions the ridgeline act as a rain drip.
    FWIW, this year I'm going to use battery powered LED lights attached to the ridgeline for night time lighting. Should be very cool.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Mine is under as well and for the same reason. Not to mention the added support in winter use with snow. As far as rain goes, its the same issue with the hammock suspension in which drip lines work well. For the most part, my figure nines which tensions the ridgeline act as a rain drip.
    FWIW, this year I'm going to use battery powered LED lights attached to the ridgeline for night time lighting. Should be very cool.

What battery powered led lights do you have in mind? And where from?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    I prefer over but only because it's what I'm used too. If we got the kind of snow levels 2Q is talking about then I'd go under.

I tend to use the ridge on my BB for hanging a headtorch off, everything else gets chucked on the shelf.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Haha... That's funny, I just picked up some LED lights for my set up... Either going on thevridge line or tarp... Will have pics next weekend.
    Jerry
    "I too have kept the Vigil"
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

I've always gone under but just rigged a great over setup I'm pumped to use. I guess if I needed the extra stability I could just run it under but I find it much easier, since I don't have snake skins, to clip my tarp onto my prussics on my ridgeline I've already set up vs. hanging my tarp over my ridgeline. Just a little hassle I don't care to deal with.

• + New Posts