Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

New Years Overnight

Decided to camp out News Years along my favorite local trail. Since I had to work Saturday it was dark when I hit the trail. Hiked 2.5 miles from Oyster Point to Blackjack Lodge and spent the night. Always enjoyed hiking at night. The trail looks different under the moon light and stars.

According to the log book there were several hikers on the trail heading north but I was the only one at the shelter.

While the skies were clear and no rain was in the forcast I set up my tarp just in case.

Set up my hammock and took some pictures of the set up in the dark. I was testing a new underquilt (BigTurtle) for my hammock that was christmas present. Need to do some work on dialing in the UQ as I not warm or cold but a little on the cool side. Got up about 2pm to fiddle with the UQ and it seemed to help. Having problem getting it snug against the bottom of the hammock thus leaving a gap. Part of the fun is getting to play with my toys. According to my temp guage it got down to 36 degrees.

While I heard fireworks most of the night there was a major display somewhere about midnight that went on for sometime. Could not see it but I sure could hear it.

Got up about 7:30am and made a fire for warmth and fixed breakfast. Packed up and hiked back to Oyster Point. Did not see any wildlife but I did see lots of deer tracks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts