eno DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

2nd night in a hammock

It's day two of overnight hammocking for me. I woke up Sun. morning with a sore back. I think I have things setup properly now, so I'm back at it again tonight.

I'm in the garage. It's 25* outside and 30* in here. I'm keeping toasty with my new 20* Incubator and my 20* Cabelas Boundary Waters down sleeping bag.

The wind has been blowing at 20mph for more than a day now, so I'm going to leave the real outdoors experience for another night.

I know I'll be warm. The question is whether I'll be comfortable in a few hours. I'll report back when the sun is up.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Good luck. Hope it goes well.

Hammock
    eno DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just woke up, and I have the same discomfort in my back. I think its caused by a couple of things, laying in the same position the entire night and I feel a squeeze on my shoulders from the sides. I wake up feeling the same way whether I sleep in my bed, tent, or hammock, so maybe its just me.

As I lay here looking at my whoopies, I'm thinking they're at something like 45 degrees instead of 30. I wonder if that could be part of the problem.

It looks like it stayed right at 30* in the garage, and my insulation kept me warm.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    I'm new to this myself but I'd try to measure the angle and or snap a couple of pics and post them. I'm sure someone here would be able to help.

Hammock
    11ft DIY
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJake View Post
    I just woke up, and I have the same discomfort in my back. I think its caused by a couple of things, laying in the same position the entire night and I feel a squeeze on my shoulders from the sides. I wake up feeling the same way whether I sleep in my bed, tent, or hammock, so maybe its just me.

As I lay here looking at my whoopies, I'm thinking they're at something like 45 degrees instead of 30. I wonder if that could be part of the problem.

It looks like it stayed right at 30* in the garage, and my insulation kept me warm.
    if you're feeling shoulder squeeze you may need a bigger hammock. i love napping in my wife's Eno Singlenest, but i don't know if i could go overnight in it. it's just too small. if you can try out a double. the extra width might alleviate some of the pressure on your shoulders. also, do you have any sort of structural ridgeline? this will help you get the same sag each time. i've found that if my hammock is too tightly hung or too loosely hung i'm not as comfortable. i'd suggest splicing an adjustable ridgeline out of amsteel and fiddle with it till you figure out just the perfect amount of sag for you. good luck, hope you figure this out.

Hammock
    eno DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for the input.

I do have an adjustable SRL that I'm playing with. I think my first job will be to check and correct the angle of my dangle.

Then, I'll have to try a double if I can't get comfortable for the whole night after I get it all dialed in.

• + New Posts