Thread: Hennesy for two

Hennesy for two

How do hennesy's do with two people in em? We are both pretty thin, I'm 5'10 140 and she is 5'5 110.

Hammock
    Hennessey summer, lightest winter
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11 in skins
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & SierraSv
    Images
    You won't like it for sleeping two-to-a-hammock, and a top loader's better for, um, recreational activities. You might try one of the double-wide HAABs, but I really have my doubts about getting a decent night's sleep in any hammock with another occupant bigger than a cat, unless maybe you both sleep like the dead (don't move at all during the night). Of course, I could be wrong, never having actually slept double in a hammock.

Images
    The model they list as a possible two-person would be the Safari: HENNESSY HAMMOCKS: Catalogue ultra-light line of jungle hammocks, ultra-comfortable camping hammock/chair/tent hammock (about 1/3 of the way down) I would note that the description mentions two in the hammock, but it is not the purpose of the hammock. I don't own this model, but I question how well two could get in there with the way these particular hammocks lay. (Can two fit in that flat spot that goes diagonally across the hammock without going insane? )

A few points come to mind. This hammock/tarp weighs 4 lb. 8 oz. You can probably drop over a pound by just seperating and going with two different hammocks/tarps. Now add in the insulation, and it may be a bit more , as you could now downsize your quilt/underquilt to fit your fused togther bodies. Sounds kinda hot....right?! But--

Laying in a double, I have found the two of you will tend to gravitate toward the center of the hammock. It is difficult to reposition yourself. Everytime someone gets up, the other wakes up. Do you really want to be pushed toward that stinky thing all night? (Perhaps you GF smells like roses on the trail, but not mine! Sorry, honey...<smack!> )

Now compare that to using two singles where each of you has their own space. Each of you gets the sweet spot of the hammock. You can stay up longer without bothering the other person who wants to sleep.

There are quite a few folks here who have slept in their hammocks with their kids. I think that may change things because now you basically have a regular sized person, and probably a 1/2 sized (or so) person in the hammock vs. two full sized people. But, these folks may have some insight with regards to techniques or hammocks that they reccomend.

One question right off hand would be, are you all planning on spending all night in the hammock, or just napping?

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The Safari Deluxe was developed for people who like really big hammocks. This is our deepest and widest and most comfortable hammock for larger people or even for cozy couples whose combined weight does not exceed 350 lbs / 158.8kg. This model includes a a double wide hex shaped fly. Ideal for car camping, boat camping, out at the cottage or in the back yard.

I own the Safari Deluxe and it is a big hammock, but I am hard pressed to think two people could be comfortable in there for any length of time. Note the word "cozy" in the description.

But then again when I was a teenager I did a week long trip in the Whites. There was a couple there who "shared" a mummy bag for the night we were in the shelter. Funny tho... I heard someone doing an awful lot of walking around all night. YMMV
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I think it would be hard to share a Hennessy. How would you get in or out? Your partner's weight would keep the entryway/exit from opening... just thinking out loud here...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLife View Post
    How do hennesy's do with two people in em? We are both pretty thin, I'm 5'10 140 and she is 5'5 110.
    here are two in a hammock.i took this pic at the mid tn hang last octoberneo

2nd mid tn hangout - shadowmoss and cerabus in her treklight double with speer snugfit underquilt and hennessey hex tarp Hammock Forums Gallery
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    its a really cute pictureneo