Need a little help

#1 where can I buy suspention rings, not sure what to call them
    #2 I am looking to purchase a new hammock system. I weigh 330 and I am 5/11. I already have a Hennessey Safari and I really like it but its just too large. What options do I have. I know there has to be some more big guys here with some experience.

Thanks

Lots of options for big guys. Personally I'm not a big guy but I know a couple who use the ENO double hammock. If by too large you meant too long, this may better suite you as it's one of the shorter hammocks around. Rated to 400lbs and that's probably conservative.

Pretty sure Paul over at Arrow Head Equipment has a buckle/ring and webbing system, might want to check out there.

Hammock
    wbbb1.7 dl
    Tarp
    wl oldman winter
    Insulation
    gtpdy custom 20 oz
    Suspension
    whoops n buckles
    I'm 5'11-295lbs I love my wbbb 1.7 dl with whoopies and dutchwear I every now and then put my pack in as well great strong hammock ...I have a grand trunk double as well ratedc to 500

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB BigMamaJamba
    Insulation
    Kick ass quilt:JBR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE MSH
    I am 6'4 270 and love my warbonnet 1.7 dl very comfy and AHE,hammockgear.com have different susp. systems for sale so you can look into those options
    Ty

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    rings - climbing rated descender ring, deal here:

http://www.innermountainoutfitters.n...page=all&brand[]=SMC&catalogentryid=380&brand=SMC

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Wboopieslings.com has descender rings here: http://shop.whoopieslings.com/SMC-De...ally-81600.htm. I don't have one but the 1.7DL gets a lot of love for larger fellas.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    I am 6'4" and 306 (this morning). Love my WBBB 1.7 dbl with whoopies and dutchware, great setup.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    I am a larger hiker.......6'1 and 300+ and I have a WBBB 1.7DL that I like alot but may part with soon, a Clark NX-200 that was my first and for some reason I cannot sell it, several ENO DN's that have been confiscated by the daughter and signifigant other, and my new favorite a DIY 1.9 DL gathered end with removable bugnet. I have hung from rings and straps, cinch buckles and straps, straps and tri-glides and now I am using whoopie slings that I make myself and dutch buckles. Any one of these hammock I will recommend to you and can say that I have never had an uncomfortable night in any of them.

Like the others have said, check out Paul and Arrowhead for your descender rings or one of his ready made ansteel link/Cinch buckle set ups.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    PapaSmurf Dangerbird
    Tarp
    MacCat DLX
    Insulation
    Sunshine
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Gadget,
    I'm no small guy, 6' 300+ [but going down]. I've found the ENO DoubleNest to be comfortable, as well as the Blackbird 1.7DL, and the Wilderness Logics Night Owl, but my current favorite is my new DangerBird, built by PapaSmurf. Also, like bigbamaguy, I've hung from nearly every suspension option out there and found that all have held up well. I'm currently on whoopies and dutch buckles.
    At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.

– Robin Lee Graham

• + New Posts