Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I understand how woopies work now! Hey shug that suspension in your first video, Im considering just copying that completely as it looks good and seems tried and tested the only thing that worries me is the Marlin Spike hitch, does it always stay in? As for the hammock I like the look of the WBBB 1.1 double layer but the only feature that makes it a deal maker over the explorer ultralite is the footbox as it would help get a flat lay, FLrider do you find you cant get a flat lay in the Hennessy explorer ultralite? As for the tarp If I get a WBBB I like the look of the tarp Shug made for his summer trips but I also like the look of MacCat deluxe. I prefer the look of the snake skins over the bishop sack, they just seem to work better.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmacman View Post
    I understand how woopies work now! Hey shug that suspension in your first video, Im considering just copying that completely as it looks good and seems tried and tested the only thing that worries me is the Marlin Spike hitch, does it always stay in? As for the hammock I like the look of the WBBB 1.1 double layer but the only feature that makes it a deal maker over the explorer ultralite is the footbox as it would help get a flat lay, FLrider do you find you cant get a flat lay in the Hennessy explorer ultralite? As for the tarp If I get a WBBB I like the look of the tarp Shug made for his summer trips but I also like the look of MacCat deluxe. I prefer the look of the snake skins over the bishop sack, they just seem to work better.
    Haven't had any trouble with a flat lie. Occasionally, when I have had to tighten it too much, I've had trouble with shoulder squeeze, and I find that I need a knee pillow to avoid knee hyperextension on my left leg, but no problem actually getting a flat lie.

I found my ideal suspension!

After first looking into hammocks and seeing suspension involving cord wrapped around the tree and tied onto the end of the hammock, I then saw it evolve into carabiners and webbing with the eno slap straps, after that i heard of these odd things called Whoopie slings. Today I had nothing to do and it was school holidays so I just went through and learnt as much as i could about all this hammocking gear, after watching shugs vids and trawling through all these stores that he mentioned I came across this form of suspension, easily my favourite as the marlin spike hitch that shug uses makes me slightly uneasy as i envision the toggle slipping and me falling.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmacman View Post
    After first looking into hammocks and seeing suspension involving cord wrapped around the tree and tied onto the end of the hammock, I then saw it evolve into carabiners and webbing with the eno slap straps, after that i heard of these odd things called Whoopie slings. Today I had nothing to do and it was school holidays so I just went through and learnt as much as i could about all this hammocking gear, after watching shugs vids and trawling through all these stores that he mentioned I came across this form of suspension, easily my favourite as the marlin spike hitch that shug uses makes me slightly uneasy as i envision the toggle slipping and me falling.
    Never had the MarlinSpike fail me....if in doubt go with straps and a biner I say, I say.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL/ HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Depends on Weather
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have biners and descender rings on my Hennessy which are fast and easy, but nothing beats the cinch-buckle on my Warbonnet (simplicity wise).

I enjoy tying as much as the next guy but a cinch buckle (be it descender rings or an actual buckle) is hard to be when your not counting ounces (for me).
    Nothing I do is done by popular demand.
    Steve Martin

I know that a marlin spike hitch probably wont fail me as it is tried and tested but the dutch buckle not only does away with the hitch but also the dutch clips saving weight.

As for the tarp suspension is it better to use a continual ridge line or something like this, http://www.jacksrbetter.com/RidgeCords.htm

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    DIY Tyvek Edge
    Insulation
    LeighLo FL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Nothing beats the simplicity of the cinch buckles and straps that come with the wbbb. I use carabiners to clip the strap onto itself and it truly takes 10 seconds to get the hammock up. I like the WBBB, and I've used a HH once too. They're both good hammocks.

Now its down to the tarp and ridgeline =)

So guys im pretty set on the WBBB 1.1 DBL + the Dutch buckle setup so its on to the tarp now and its ridgeline, I like the look of some of the MacCat tarps and am looking at the standard or deluxe, I just need room to keep me well sheltered and to cook under, im happy to take the weight and/or money penalty I just want the most suited piece of gear. As for the ridgeline I like the look of these, http://www.jacksrbetter.com/RidgeCords.htm thoughts?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phnix,Bur,Incu
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    This is exactly what I use on my superfly.Works great.Quick and easy to set up. Very light. I also use a set of snake skins.

Do you find the tarps ridge line stays nice and uniform/ straight/ rigid? Thats my only concern towards not getting one large piece of ridgeline from tree to tree?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast