Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    GG 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY down quilt
    Suspension
    whoopies & webbing
    I really like my ENO DN. I like having the extra room. I use mine with a Warbonnet Traveler bugnet.

I really like the modularity of the system and have come to like actually using a separate bugnet. Like others have mentioned, I can just not use it if I so choose. Like this time of year. An unintended advantage I've seen is having the bugnet completely surround the hammock, so nothing can bite me through the fabric on the underside.

I currently use it with an inexpensive (and very large) Guide Gear tarp. very good coverage for poor-weather hanging. I actually want to get a smaller, lighter tarp for warmer, fairer weather.

I can easily change up my suspension (currently using whoopies with a fixed ridgeline and treehuggers), too. I find the modularity to be a big advantage.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    I have both, I think you will sleep better in a HH. The quality is different as well. Just go with the whole setup the first time and then buy the Eno used later for lounging around the house.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    Hi Gunner,

The Eno is a comfortable hammock (hammock only), but it is really limited in terms of stock setup. The Eno bugnet is a tragedy (weighs way too much) and the Eno slaps traps are really poor (made of nylon which stretches).

My best buddy started with a DN (Double Nest) when we got going in hammocks, but quickly moved on to another hammock. The DN still comes out for lounging but that's all.

If your looking for a Hennessy Hammock, I own a Deep Jungle XL which is much longer than most of the other Hennessys and therefor gives a much more comfortable lay (I think) for those around 6'. I would reccommend it personally, as I won't ever give mine up!

Dan.

P.S. the stock Hennessy tarps are small and a little tricky to use properly. I'd recommend picking one of their larger tarps, or going without and picking something up from another HF vendor. (once again, my opinion).

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    The ENO is not the absolute best hammock on the market. That said, eternity in a Double Nest falls well short of Hell. For the price, it's hard to beat, IMO.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12