Hammock
    WB BB xlc
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JrB greylock3
    Suspension
    Webb and buckle
    On my first "hang" I was camping in Vermont. As a rookie I tied up some "550" and hung myself ina tree. (how do you like that.) shortly there after, I was whisked off to the land of never sleeping on the ground. (you know people walk all over that.) But I digress. About 7:00am, I awoke in terrible pain staring at my knobby knees. whatever knot i used slipped slowly enough that i stayed asleep though the night. I called my hiking buddy out of his tent to see the ridiculousness. he replied, "Boy look at you in you all Strungup in your fancy hammock. and out of that it kinda stuck with me.

Thanks for all the info all. i hope to frequent the forms much more.
    Alex-Strungup

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    WB SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, HG BURROW
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS
    Named after the only alpine parrot in the world located in New Zealand.

In college I wrote an essay about an outlaw, I wrote he was "evil, mean and nasty" my professor circled it and in big red letters in the corner of the paper wrote "Infamous" lol I liked it so much I started using it as a screen name and started seeing it around on the interwebs so I added the "1" to make it easier to not run into the same screen name. New to hanging, found Shug on the YouTube and he mentioned this site and ta-da here I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstaff View Post
    Mine was the name of my character in (cue nerd music) Dungeon & Dragons a LONG time ago. Most of my first forums were gaming forums. Now that I'm an outdoorsy type, I wish I had something different, something shorter but I don't know what.

I keep hoping I'll get out with some folks and "earn" one but who knows.

I could use Capt or Captain I guess since my name is Kirk but I've never been a Star Trek fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Druid? Heck, not everyone who plays that is a nerd. I am, but that's a separate issue...
    Haven’t you heard that nerds are “the new black” we are no longer on the outside, thanks to the internet. My gaming name is “Tomas” from one of my favorite fantasy book series, “The Rift War Saga” by Raymond E. Feist. And yes if you play or played AD&D, you are a nerd. Be proud to fly your geek flag
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
    ~Albert Einstein

My screen name comes from how I try to enter into a new state of affairs, weather it is as new job or a group of people that I have to interact with…I “observe and report” the performances of the people around me. That way I might know how to respond suitably in whatever situation that I might find myself in.

It comes from my father, a LtC. pilot in the US Army for almost 40 years, if you include his being an Instructor Pilot as a civilian, training the Army’s finest after he retired from the Army with 20 years, or “Retarded” as he would call it.

But I digress, the reason for my screen name comes from my Dad telling me that before I open my mouth that I should “observe and report” to myself. That way I won’t make a fool of myself or embarrass the people that I’m with. He always quoted “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

I try to look around me and get to know a little about the people and places around me, so that I can make intelligent decisions.

And until someone gives me a “trail name” I’ll go with so robislookin is Robert is lookin.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
    ~Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Whoopie
    My Swedish grandmother couldn't pronounce my name. The closest that she could come was "Yetti". Plus, I'm a big tall guy who loves being out in the "Squatchy" woods, so I figured...

Hammock
    argon10'/nylond11'/eno dbl dlx
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    ssuq/ 15* bag
    Suspension
    ws starps
    around my area there are a few sink holes that people like to hike out to and go swimming in the 68 degree year around water. a place where people love to hang out on the banks and warm up when not swimming. a place where people don't like to leave not even if they have to hike back in the dark. so I don't leave. I just HANG there all night and when I can all week.at a huge sink hole. so im a sink hanger. who woulda thought those things are so beautiful after everyone leaves.

Hammock
    DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Pending
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Wow, after reading most of the posts and names , I see mine is pretty boring. Although I am a UNC fan , the name comes from my love of my home state, North Carolina. I was born & raised in one of the most beautiful places in the world (my opinion). We have great places to hang, from the OBX to the our gorgeous mountains. New to the forum and loving all of the great info. Thanks Guys.

Have a beard and want to be a hanger

Hammock
    ENO Single
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    Enlightened Enigma
    My screen name is my trail name. It comes from my Asberger tendencies (according to my wife ) due to "Abnormalities include verbosity, abrupt transitions, literal interpretations and miscomprehension of nuance, use of metaphor meaningful only to the speaker". I claim it's part of being an Engineer. In other words, sometimes I need to display a little more tact. Since I can't argue against being that way - I've embraced it! BTW - I have a wonderful teenage nephew with Asberger Syndrome so there's no intent at belittling it.

I'm also new to hammocking - and looking forward to my first backpacking trip of the season this March with my new "stuff"!!!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 156 of 247 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast