Hammock
    Dutch Hexon Wide
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    Snugpak UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie
    When thinking of a name, I focused on one of the draws of hammock camping - ability to hang hillside or uneven terrain that would be ruled out immediately as a tent site.

Nickname I acquired in Iraq.I don't remember the circumstances, but you tend to get in some long weird conversations when deployed for a year at a time.

I once heard a conversation go on for about 3 months between two guys about who would win a fight between a bear and a big boar hog. That was during a 6 month float on a Navy ship.

Images
    The fellas at the beach dubbed me Gadget (or Inspector Gadget, or Gadge) because I was always doing odd stuff with the surfboards I made... weird shapes/fins/addons. I carried it on to the newsgroups in the early nineties (mostly alt.surfing), the UK bit got added because newsgroups were usually populated by 'merkins in those days. The 437 bit got added when the internet got all popular and such, it's my fire brigade number.

I attended the winter hang last January in the Pine Barrens near Tablernacle, NJ and it was the first time I really started to identify as a hanger. I'd been relating to myself as "the wife of my husband, the real hanger" but I didn't just hang my hammock, I proved I can hang! In my super-heightened awareness of my gender at this hang, I found myself wanting my gear to reflect my personality a little more. A polka-dot tarp? Paisley? How about Argyle?! I got my heart set on argyle, which prompted my name RGuile, guile meaning "sly or cunning intelligence" The 007 was my raffle number - which won - and because like me, James Bond is guile (among many other character traits I relate to) thus my screen name was born. Still waiting on that argyle tarp though...

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Zeppo was the least well-known of the Marx Brothers. Growing up, I always loved them. They were wacky, and didn't take themselves or anyone else very seriously. They had no tolerance for people who were selfish or stuck-up.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    BushcraftUSA-12x10
    Insulation
    Crosstac Recon
    Suspension
    whoopstrapsclips
    Got on here after going down the rabbit hole of catenary cut tarps and how to construct my own designed tarp. I had to round up a bunch of links to spreadsheets, pdfs, and threads and then had to log on. After sitting there at the signup and having rounded up links to cat cut tarps, Cat Wrangler was the thing that came to mind.

I have a download directory of all the catenary tarp pdfs, good posts, calculation spreadsheets, autocad lisp routines. Got em all wrangled up.

testing the different calculators, and trying to get a lisp routine to generate the curve in Autocad and sorting thru all the information was like herding cats. I have decided to layout cuts the natural way, with a long wall, a ball chain, gravity, and hang the tarp on the wall and use pins to mark the contour.

This forum is a treasure trove of good people and information.
    Last edited by cat_wrangler; 09-05-2015 at 13:40.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 deg Zep
    I did several weeks in Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo) back in 1995, and I worked in an orphanage. This was following the Rwandan Civil War. Duenge Fever is a disease, usually carried by mosquitoes, and the prognosis can range from good to death. I chose it as a screen name shortly after that, thinking it would probably be a name no one else had chosen. I am usually proved wrong,....several others have used it too. Hang On, Tom

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    mine's fairly simple: i have some serious eyebrows.
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

I built a kite called Morticia, 43ft tall. I'm her keeper.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Woodk9, It's my work email, computer generated, just like it (Wood dog &#128054
    -An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock....

• + New Posts
  • Page 169 of 247 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast