Hammock
    GT Ultralight/DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon tarp
    Insulation
    JCP Puffer UQ
    Suspension
    straps and static
    Mine means "Volcanic" in Latin. It's from Blue Cheer's first album entitled "Vincebus Eruptum" translated means Volcanic Eruption. Very true for them back in '68 when the album was released, they were the loudest rock band of their time. They were even referred to as the "Red-headed ******* step-children of the 60's"... Great album, one of the fore-fathers of modern heavy-metal, influenced many of the great rock-n-roll acts of the 70's to the present.
    It's not the glide in the ride, it's the swing in the sling...

Hammock
    Black bird
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps or slings

Talking Silverback7

friends tagged me with silverback, because of my size I look sorta like a silverback ,
    7 , well that's always been my number, born 7th month , 7th day, 7am, of
    52 , 5+2=7

Hammock
    DIY Bridge - Pirogue
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Exped Downmat
    Images
    My wife likes to call me "tigereyes", and my initials are TJR. Cheesy enough for ya?

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchi1d View Post
    For those who want to listen to the 80's musical version of the name just youtube search thunderchild.

For myself I was trying to think of something that sounded cool and I thought of war of the worlds.
    The 1 in chi1d came because thunderchild is semi-common? I have about a 40% chance of getting it. Anyway I just got used to typing in the 1 instead of L.

For those who are not a fan of 80's music the story (abridged) goes as follows. Aliens Invade, A passenger ship is leaving to avoid the aliens. Aliens go to block passenger ship. The Thunderchild is a iron clad ship that gives it's last full measure of devotion to help the passenger ship escape.

Why not, besides I have also always liked to be outside in thunder storms, something both exciting and calming about them at the same time.
    You are talking abouit Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds Rock Opera. That is a great album. My Dad had the tape and used to play it on trips back and forth between Yellowknife N.W.T and Edmonton AB. But this was back in the seventies.

Anyways, SnideTripod is a name given to me by my XBox for XBox Live. I hit random name, and SnideTripod came up. I use it for everything now. It's my alter ego!! LOL
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

Ground_guy(reformed)
    Mine i think is rather self evident...... I've been a ground camper since i was about 12, but i have seen the light LOL even though i don't have a hammock yet

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijereyes View Post
    My wife likes to call me "tigereyes", and my initials are TJR. Cheesy enough for ya?
    Yup. Just barely though....
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

IAmH
    H is a nickname of mine. Short for Harry.

Hammock
    Banana
    Tarp
    Going Commando!
    Insulation
    Body fat
    When I was a kid, we used to take epic 13 hour trips in the car to visit my Grandparents. My brother and I would get really fidgety in the back seat after having been cooped up for such a long time--especially once Mom would pop in those hated 8 tracks of Neil Diamond or Barry Manilow. My Dad was known to diffuse the situation by pulling the car over and challenge us kids to race to that tree way over there and back just to burn up some of our energy.

Later in life, my wife and I were picking through baby name ideas--I went researching Swedish names and I came across a story of how a Viking boat was having problems with some of it's crew. The Berserkrs onboard were getting bored with rowing and were starting to cause problems. The "skipper" of the boat pulled it over and had the rowdy Berserkrs "attack" a tree with their weapons just to take the edge off.

Yup. Thought that the screen name "Berserkr" suited me.

Hammock
    HH A-sym snake skins, hex tarp
    Tarp
    General's Custom
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 3/4
    Suspension
    tree hugger
    Images
    I have a love for raptors, and raptor watching. Its great to go into a park and find these huge birds of prey in their environment. Here is PA one doesn't need to go far to see Bald Eagles and Owls. I have seen very rare birds in the past. It ties in well with backpacking and hiking... A quick drive gets me to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary in the fall.
    There was an Old Man with a owl,
    Who continued to bother and howl;
    He sat on a rail, And imbibed bitter ale,
    Which refreshed that Old Man and his owl
    .WOO

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing and Buckle
    I don't have a trail name yet but Indiana Jones was my childhood hero! Indy!!
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.-Sir Winston Churchill

• + New Posts
  • Page 76 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast