DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Xtrekker simply means Extreme Trekking. X for Extreme and Tekker for Trekking which is just another name for hiking.

Hammock
    BIAS Campus lounger
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    The first part is my career, been in EMS for 19 years and the last 16 years of that has been as a Paramedic and the second part is my first name..

Hammock
    Multicam Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    I don't remember ever telling the story on here so glad you asked. Two Tents-trail name earned in the early 70's-short version, bear destroys buddies backpack, totally of no use to carry much of anything. I take his mattress in stuff sack, sleeping bag in stuff sack, tent in stuff sack, strap it all to my backpack along with all my stuff sacks. Now there is gear from my knees to above my head. I get ahead of him on the way to the truck. He is lagging behind carrying his remaining misc. gear under each arm. People stare and mouths open as I get to parking lot. Some one asks what da heck is all that gear? I don't explain anything, I just start at the top of the giant load of gear-" well that's two tents on top" uncontrolled laughter and speculation jokes of why anybody would have two of anything. My buddy shows up and soaks all the excitement in and the name stuck. Plus if I ever get stressed out and am too tense it works also.
    My aunt told me a joke like that once. Guy goes into the psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, ya gotta help me! I'm a tipi, I'm a wigwam, I'm a tipi, I'm a wigwam!' To which the doctor replies, 'Relax. You're too tense.' (Slightly more amusing when told audibly.)

MK-9 = Mikko Koivu #9.

The Finnish Koivu is a centerman with the NHL's Minnesota Wild and my favorite hockey player.

I thought of going with LittleBear. As I'm 5'5", furry & shaped like a small fat bear. I sleep like I'm hibernating and don't take to being woke up well. At all. It just seemed apropos. Just couldn't pull the trigger to change from MK-9. I've used it for years.
    Last edited by MK-9; 08-07-2012 at 20:36.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Insulation
    JRB Nest UQ
    I'm a hacker who hit the prettiest shot of my life with a 5w in a company golf outting. Boss started calling me 5wood and it stuck! Good times!!!

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    "Doc B"

"Doc" is one of my nicknames. I am a college professor and forensic psychologist but am more interested in my "side" businesses in outdoor instruction... Technical scuba diving, sea kayaking, fishing guide, whitewater river guide, etc.

Cheers,
    Doc

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters
    Tarp
    Chinook Sand 12x9
    Insulation
    UQ conversion & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I doubt this will ring through for most of you but my name was generated through a series of transitions. I am a PC gamer with some of my free time, more so in the past than now (with school, work, family, and camping/canoeing time to budget) but all of my friends had unique names that you really didn't find over used by the general rabble. Some of those names for example were ElWappo, Chuff, Idiotboy, Tacomonkeygod... you get the idea. I wanted a name that represented myself as well as a name that represented my in game persona as well. One day I was driving to work while commuting from Spring Garden, VA (halfway between Danville, Chatham, & Halifax) to Lynchburg, VA and I saw an opossum on the side of the road that looked like it had taken a fairly high powered round to the head. My first reaction was "huh, roadkill..." then it dawned on me, that was how I usually died in game... from a head shot. I chuckled and said "dead possum". So for a while I used "deadpossum" as my handle but found out that there was a rap group in NYC that was using that name, so I figured that I've been dead long enough that I was now rotten, hence, rottenpossum. I've actually got several people who only know me by "possum" in real life and I have a stuffed possum that sits on my cabinet at work.

Hammock
    eno, for now.
    Tarp
    eno, modified
    Insulation
    diy, mummy bag
    Suspension
    straps and woopie
    basically funky

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I hiked the AT in Ga. back in the 80's and carried more junk than two people needed. At one of the shelters I got to talking to some through hikers that were joking about all the stuff I was carrying. When I gabbed my paper to head off to the latrine one of them called out "I bet it's 2 ply" and the name has stuck.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    I hiked the AT in Ga. back in the 80's and carried more junk than two people needed. At one of the shelters I got to talking to some through hikers that were joking about all the stuff I was carrying. When I gabbed my paper to head off to the latrine one of them called out "I bet it's 2 ply" and the name has stuck.
    I carry 2 ply... *hangs head sheepishly*

I just figure something's are worth the weight...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

com-guy is simply short for "Communications Guy"

• + New Posts
  • Page 50 of 247 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast