Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2461
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ TQ & UQ.
    Images
    I know the jury is out about whether or not you can pick your own trail name. But my screen name/trail name is Patapsco, after the river and state park nearest to my home here in Baltimore. It's my happy place.

Hammock
    Ticket to the Moon Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    Snugpak Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Meister Grimbart is the traditional name of the archetypal badger in German fable and fairytale. Think Old Brock if you are English, or maybe Mister Badger from the Wind in the Willows, in some ways. Kind of. The one, that you don't expect to be in there, when you stick a hand into a box. <g>

Anyway, I like badgers and Badger, so to speak, and feel kinship, so there it is.

P.S.
    Grimbart does not mean grim beard nor greybeard (even though mine is grey indeed). It seems to be based on very old Saxon/German and means "the masked one". Grim, or grima is a mask or disguise, and bart, or bert is a guy.
    Ich weiß, daß ich hing / im windigen Baum, / neun lange Nächte.
    --
    Süntelhänger, Waldgänger

Hammock
    Currently - BearButt
    Tarp
    Current - Housefly
    Insulation
    DIY DD
    Suspension
    Working on it
    Celticshark - part ancestry, part cool last name.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Mine is pretty simple - it's my trail name. Given to me over and over by any hiker who has ever seen me wear my trademark "lakegirl" hat. I wouldn't have necessarily chosen it for myself, but I am from Minnesota and grew up on lakes so I am fond of it due to nostalgia.

Hammock
    DIY 12ft Hyper D 1.6
    Tarp
    HG The Quest
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit and Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Images
    When I moved back to Minneapolis after having lived in Phoenix for a few years I think my blood thinned out, cause I felt all sorts of whiny about how cold Minneapolis winters were. I just kept thinking and talking about how cold the city was. Hence “coldcity” and my name is Ely, pronounced Eli but spelled like the town in northern Minnesota. So, Im Ely, living in a cold city- “Coldcityely”.

Quote Originally Posted by body942 View Post
    Not sure if this will take off or not, but anybody else ever drive down the road trying to decipher personalized plates? I know some are more self-explanatory than others, but I catch myself wondering all the time what people's screen-names here on HF mean to them, so, I'll start:
    body942: It's my employee ID number, we call them "body" numbers. I was/am the 942nd employee since the institution of the process. Almost guaranteed to be unused elsewhere on the internet.

Happy New Year! If nobody else posts, I'll just keep reposting my entry.

Looks like it took off and is doing well.

My screen name is Patch. My call sign in the military was Patch. I wore a patch on my flight suit that said patch, I like the movie Patch Adams, and as a military medic my job was to patch people up, Doc was taken.
    Patch

Hammock
    11' SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x12
    Insulation
    LocoLibre DWR Down
    Suspension
    Cin-Bkle Dyn-Str
    Grey Mouse- "Grey" as in hidden in plain sight. "Mouse" as in barely noticeable to most (aka grey) when in the room with others. Think of it as being the waiter at the dinner party that nobody remembers because he blended in and was not confrontational even though he was actually the assassin in the group and was there with a purpose In the sense of hammocks it would refer to blending into the surroundings and leaving no trace. Day hikers tend to walk past my camp within thirty feet and never notice me hanging just off the beaten path...Be as though you are not there and leave no trace. Sort of stealth camping without trying very hard to hide

no trail name yet but being 6'9" I have enough nicknames, I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get one.

my name actually came from a t-shirt my brother got me back in HS. It said 'giant' on it. Not sure, it might have been a company of some sort but it was fitting.

Then 81 is actually that I'm 36, born in 1981, but ironically enough, I'm also 6'9" which happens to be 81".

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Zpacs Std Tarp
    Insulation
    Exped downmat
    Suspension
    UCR + soft shackle
    "Turuka" is a shortening of my name Turunen Kari.

Hammock
    MYOG 11’ Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    MYOG 12’ Hex
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Mine is for the State I live and camp in, Missouri. It’s also the initials of my first and last name.

“MO-Camper”

• + New Posts
  • Page 224 of 247 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast