Page 43 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Smile sod-buster screen name

I've had several handles through 22 years in the Air Force some not meant for mixed company... some only understood by flying people...I'm a traveling man but only my fraternity brothers will understand that....I'm a 5th generation native Floridan (therefore a Cracker Cowboy) but I'm too old to sit a horse....sooo at the ripe old age of...75... I started a small farm (never grew a thing in my life) until now! ! ! ! NOW I'm a sod-buster: lol

SO MUCH FOR GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Hammock
    eno DN, DB60, WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* Zeppelin
    Suspension
    All of them!
    Images
    It means I'm crazy. :screwy:

im a ham opperator so i use my call sign

Hammock
    Momposina at home/ WBBB for camping
    Tarp
    MacCat Delux
    Insulation
    Warbonet 3/4 Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoop&DutchBuckles

Bentheboatman

I took my degree in a part of England called the Midlands, during my final year I rented an old horse drawn narrow boat (otherwise known as a Butty). After my degree course ended I worked the boat taking Scouts, Guides, Stag & Hen parties, even an Australian rules football team, on residential trips on the canal. I have since sailed up the Eastern seaboard of Australia, and across the Coral sea. I now live in a floating apartment in Brighton Marina on the South coast of England. I like water. While gently being rocked by the sea with my hammock slung in my flat I can feel my heart chilling out. I started with hammocks by crashing out in one after a wedding in the Carribean, there was a storm and it was there the rocking began... So all that rocking, boats, and water, Bentheboatman seems apt.

bugslinger
    I fly fish therefore I am a Bugslinger.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    I spent a few years in the Navy SeaBees and when I got out I started using Swaby as my video game tag and it has just stuck.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    None yet
    Insulation
    None yet
    Suspension
    Slap Strap Pro
    Vader is my trail name. Given to me by my big brother. I got in a car accident in 2009 and messed up one of my lungs. After I got back to walking again we decided to try a 90 miler on the AT. We packed our bags and a few days before leaving we did a practice run up and down my driveway(huge hill almost a 1/4 mile long, not like a regular short neighborhood driveway. When we got to the top of the hill I was weezing so bad that my brothers and dad said I sounded like Darth Vader...and it friggin stuck with me. So now I rock the name with pride, luckily I dont still weeze all the time though

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest / XL Brazilian
    Tarp
    Int.Des. Siltarp 1
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    I used to deliver pizza all night in Gainesville. Very interesting job. You meet lots of strange and wonderful people working graveyard shifts in a college town. I worked the 5 PM to 5 AM shift 6 nights a week for a couple of years. This meant opening and closing the door on the car a couple hundred times a night.
    Somewhere along the line, the drivers door gave up the ghost. It gave warning signs that the end was near, creaking and groaning when opened or rattling like Michael J Fox when supposed to be shut securely. Then one day, it just wouldn’t remain closed anymore. Eventually it would no longer close completely or remain shut at all. When open, it sagged noticeably on the hinges.
    I got a door off a car of the same model from a junkyard. Only problem was, my car was white, and the car I got the parts off was a dark gray. So now, I’m driving around in an all white car with a dark gray driver’s door. I didn’t give a ****. I was delivering pizza, not trying to impress anyone.
    The guys in the shop took to calling me Gray-door after awhile, because at 3 AM on a Tuesday, that kind of thing tends to seem a lot more clever and funny than it normally would. I’ve used it online ever since.
    -- Graedore

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." -Hunter S Thompson

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    June 16, 2003 I purchased a sail board, came home fixed dinner. I suddenly did not feel well, I sat down drank a glass of water, felt worse, really odd. I had my daughter call an ambulance. My heart stopped, most ambulances here in Portland, OR do not carry Defibrillators, the meat wagon had to take me to the Fire Department to use their Defib. They had to shock me two more times on the ride to the hospital. I fooled everyone and survived (less than 5% chance of survival). I spent the summer in ICU.

I had to teach myself to walk, talk and think again. I fought every inch of the way and with almost everyone. When we first started camping again, I would take a lawn chair and wrap up in a blanket and sleep that way. Later, my daughter would set up my tent, and then I improved to the point of setting up my own tent.

Then I found ENO DN at a really cheap price. I bought two. We used them up on the side of the mountain, got cold, the rest is history.

I refused, when the Drs. wanted to implant a Defibrillator, finally last summer I had a stroke due to my very low blood pressure, and weak heart rate. That is where HURTHEART came from. My heart was hurt in two ways, physically and mentally by my family when i was fighting for my life.

My life has never been boring, and I sure hope it never becomes boring!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    DIY Top and Bottom
    Suspension
    ENO Slapstrap
    Images
    I've lived in southern Indiana all my life and love to hike, thus the name Hoosierhiker.

• + New Posts
  • Page 43 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast