I set up last night in my backyard with my new 20 degree Zeppelin UQ. I think I might have referred it earlier as a Phoenix... sorry Paul, I'm going senile in my old age.

I've slept in my hammock maybe 4 or 5 times, this was the first time I used it without the bug net. I flipped it over. I didn't realize what a difference that makes! Keeping everything in my hammock was a real pain. When you're not in the hammock the UQ tension keeps the sides of the hammock tight and it's hard to get everything in there, especially when you're squatting next to it because the tarp is really low.

I don't have a TQ, so I used my down sleeping bag unzipped to about a couple of feet from the bottom to create a footbox. It was too wide folded out like that and I couldn't keep the !@##?! thing in the hammock. It kept hanging over the side and pushing the UQ down away from the hammock sides.

Coupled with the fact that once again I couldn't get my head from rolling back to the center of the hammock, and my inflatable pillow had sprung a leak, I decided to bail after about an hour of wriggling around. I think the problem with my head is because my hammock must be strung too tight. The trouble is I thought I had got that set to what I wanted: consequently my ridgeline is tied up and can't be easily adjusted.

I guess I will have to undo it and make a big whoopie sling out of it so I can adjust the length until I am really certain I have the right sag.

Does anyone else have a problem with keeping their stuff in the hammock? Even my bloody pillow fell out onto the ground a couple of times.