So, I took a couple of gathered end hammocks for a test drive this past week, and decided I just can't quite get flat enough to happily sleep on my side in one. I'm going to have to stick with my bridge.

I'm about to embark on a new bridge hammock build with my wife's new Christmas Present sewing machine (A big hit, thanks to the guys who gave me some advice in my thread) to replace my first attempt, and I want to roll around all the advancements and features that have come along in the last few months before I start putting scissors to fabric.

While I've done a fair bit of researching on bridge hammocks in general, it seems like a lot of new stuff has come out this past year or so, and I'm only finding it in fragmented bits and pieces.

My previous designs were all based on dimensions given by Dutch in his BridgeSkin III thread. I went with those because I liked the look of the shallow lay it offered, but I'm finding that it doesn't lay as flat as I'd like, and is a little narrow, so it's time to move on to a new design.

If I'm building from the ground up, what features do you bridge sleepers find indispensable, and what are some things you'd like to avoid in the future? Has anybody besides Grizz come up with any really stellar new designs of late? Has anyone come up with any real keys to keeping it light besides carbon fiber spreader bars (already got two of those)?