Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I hammock camped there two years ago. Hammocks are definitely the way to go in such a wet climate

Looks amazing!

Hammock
    Too many to list here.
    Tarp
    UGQ Hex Hanger 12
    Insulation
    HG and AHE UQ/TQs
    Suspension
    DIY short whoopies
    Ok, Irishjihad... Just got out of the Redwoods hike. Pretty spectacular, great weather, virtually no people.

This is what we did:

1- Got a backcountry permit to hike Redwood Creek from the Kuchel NPS visitors center at Orick, CA.

They gave me a pass to be left on the car dashboard, with the combination for the lock of the gate to the Tall Trees Access Rd.
    I was told my car would be better off at this parking lot.

In terms of camping, you can do so just about anywhere on the gravel bar of the creek, but the NPS will issue you a bear canister. I went with this option. However you can also camp at the 2 designated campgrounds: Elam and 44, which have bear lockers. The camping here is a bit confined, there might be other hikers there, and you have to reserve your spot for the specific night you plan to be there. Not ideal for me, so I went with the gravel bar option.

There are loads of trees to hang from right on the edge of the river sand, you just have to spend your time looking for a place that suits you.

As for the hike, I did the Redwood Creek loop trail.

I would recommend you buy the "Redwoods National and State Parks (South)" topo map. That'll make your life much easier.

That's it. Ask any questions you want. I'll be uploading pictures in the next few days. I'm still traveling in the Pacific NW. Cheers, R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Backpacking trips in the tropical jungles of Latin America... Exploring our living planet from within...
    http://www.jungletreks.com

Awesome. Thanks. Let me review the trail info, etc and get back to you with some questions.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123