Tarp
    DIY Hex & Sock
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ TQs
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Question DIY Hammock/Tarp Supplies in Philippines

I'm in Manila visiting in-laws & looking for DIY Hammock Supplies. Any of our Pinoy members know where to find ripstop nylon, bug netting, grosgrain, rope etc?

Thanks
    Ed

pm sent to strawhat

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    MMMMM. This could help my DIY bug also if the prices are good (as i imagine they would be)

Got "family" who go back home a few times a year and could pick up/post stuff back for me.

Please post any info you can.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Hammock
    DL
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gt7599a View Post
    I'm in Manila visiting in-laws & looking for DIY Hammock Supplies. Any of our Pinoy members know where to find ripstop nylon, bug netting, grosgrain, rope etc?

Thanks
    Ed

pm sent to strawhat
    Welcome to the burning hot Manila Sun Ed!

PM have been replied to.

Hammock
    DL
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Browny View Post
    MMMMM. This could help my DIY bug also if the prices are good (as i imagine they would be)

Got "family" who go back home a few times a year and could pick up/post stuff back for me.

Please post any info you can.
    Prices are crazy good and you can find most of your DIY needs in one place. I'd be glad to help just let me know.

Hammock
    Gathered End w bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY Hex & Sock
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ TQs
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

DIY Hammock Supplies in the Philippines

From StrawHat
    I get my supplies in Divisoria. Its a place in downtown Manila, near Tutuban Mall. For the fabrics go to General Shopping Center in Ylaya St. Its a building with many shops inside that sells all kinds of fabrics; ripstop, polyester/nylon taffeta etc.. You can also find soft Tulle there for your bug net.

I just bought recently this material for bug netting which is much stronger than soft tulle, probably its no-see um but im not sure but im sure can't tear it apart. If your interested in checking this material you can find the shop that sells them on the same building, their shop is located just outside but on the other side of the building on Carmen Planas St.

And on that street just across is another building (BDO bldg) with fabric shops inside for your option. On both buildings you can also find shops that sells poly threads, zippers, reversible zippers sliders, grosgrain, cord locks d-rings etc....basically all your sewing needs.

For webbing straps just go across on Tabora St. Head down the street and you can find this small air-conditioned shop on the right side (forgot the shop's name) that sells Polypro straps, they also have tubular polypro. (no Polyester straps) They're selling it by rolls which is 150ft. around $6-$8 per roll.

While in tabora St. look out for the street vendors that sells fabrics, you might chance upon on even more cheaper price ripstop or taffeta. On the other side of Tabora St. is Juan Luna St. There are shops along the street that sells heavy waterproof fabrics for tent materials, fishing materials if you are interested, webbing straps, and upholstery stuffs like fiber fillings.

Good luck and Remember to negotiate with the prices, haggling is common there. Common prices for ripstop is $1.50/yard so don't pay more than $2 for a yard.

Also here are list of Mountaineering and outdoor shops in the Philippines just in case you need 'em.
    www.pinoymountaineer.com

• + New Posts