Tarp
    Cuben HG w/doors
    Insulation
    Exped DownMat
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I tired CCF between the two layers, very uncomfortable for me. I use Reflectix now to add warmth to my 3 season Yeti, and I prefer it greatly. It forms to your body and is very comfortable, I dont even notice I have it under me...
    Just a couple of questions on your rig. Do you put the reflectix between the Yeti and the hammock or in the hammock with you? Also, what kind of lower temps is the 3 season Yeti realistically good for? I am on the verge of getting a Yeti and am twisted on whether to get the 3 season or the winter version. I don't do any real winter camping but do get into some cold weather in fall and spring. Is a 3 season good by just adding a pad or reflectix?

Recent experience with Reflectix vs CCF

Ground dwelling cold weather experience. In Dec. I slept on an inflatable air matress (Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC) with a single layer of Reftx at 5 degrees in a winter worthy down bag. Warm on top, cool on bottom. Bought a 3/8 in blue foam pad and tried it again. Last week it was -12F and I had the same pad but the CCF pad on top of it. Warm on top and warm on the bottom. The snow beneath me was not iced in the morning, just compacted and firm showing the contours of the air tubes. About like a deer bed in the snow. The CCF seems significantly warmer and as a topper for my air mattress, sufficient for Maine winters (in a tent anyway, no experience hanging yet). Earlier this fall on 26F night I found that the Reftx was a comfortable addition to sleeping system with a 32 degree down bag, long johns and watch cap. Today I went XC skiing and a piece of Reftx was a good, warm and dry seat for a sit down snack rest. I also use the stuff for Freezer Bag cozy and it works well in that application.

Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

See My Post on Reflectix in the Pads sub-forum.

I recently did a post comparing Reflectix to a spaceblanket as under insulation. You can find it here:http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=45439

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HangingOut View Post
    Just a couple of questions on your rig. Do you put the reflectix between the Yeti and the hammock or in the hammock with you? Also, what kind of lower temps is the 3 season Yeti realistically good for? I am on the verge of getting a Yeti and am twisted on whether to get the 3 season or the winter version. I don't do any real winter camping but do get into some cold weather in fall and spring. Is a 3 season good by just adding a pad or reflectix?
    Sorry, I didn't see this reply for some reason until today.

I use a double layer Blackbird so I put the reflectix in between the two layers. I only have a couple nights use with it so far, once on a hang and another in my backyard to test. I'm a warm sleeper so I might be more comfortable at lower temps than others, but the combination has worked well for me down to the high teens in temperature. I haven't taken it lower than that so I can't give you any advice there, though I was confident that I could go colder with it. YMMV

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 Dbl Layer
    Tarp
    WB Edge or DIY
    Insulation
    HG 20* UQ + DIY TQ
    I remember seeing that reflectix has an r-value of 1.1.

CCF depending on the thickness has as much as 2.5 r-value.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12