Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Great post Blaze! Love the idea of the tealight candle. I am always drinking warm tea or coffee when I'm in camp. Looks as though that keeps a cup of water warm at all times without having to waste a bunch of fuel.

Enjoy seeing the countryside where you are from. That was a great place to hang, nice to see the sun come up and down over the water.

Cheers

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    What a beautiful hang spot! Thanks for taking us along.

I'm thinking of making a small wire stand to use with a tea candle lantern and cup as I don't use a big enough stove to hold the lantern inside. I think I can get a bit of light, too, if the windscreen doesn't go all the way around. Thanks for inspiring me.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ straps
    You live in a beautiful country. I enjoyed every peaceful minute of your video. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    That shot of the sunrise from the hammock was pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    I was just in Santa Cruz, CA and walked in the saltwater. That was way too cold for me. If your water temps were anywhere near the water temps in CA, you are a brave man...
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Great vid, Blaze. Judging by the quality of the homes in your videos, Denmark clearly has a higher standard of living than most areas of the US. Are you biking through the rich folk neighborhoods or is that the typical Danish home?

Also, your land use (zoning) laws must be radically different from ours - we tend to relegate commercial/business to its own area, farming in another, and housing in yet another area (we also separate low-income housing from rich folk housing 'cause the rich folk don't want to rub elbows with the commoners). Whereas your countryside looks like the different land uses are intermixed substantially.

Also, I noticed barely any trees as you biked through the center of town. Why is that? I live in a coastal community in New Jersey, on the Atlantic Ocean, and my town would seem to be anti-tree as well - I have no idea why. It just fascinates me when people choose to denude their property, or their town, of trees. I suspect that builders/developers the world over like to start building on a tabula rasa as a matter of convenience. Then they begin to think that the austerity of a treeless landscape is somehow cleaner and more beautiful than what existed before the bulldozers came. Go figure.

Can't wait for the next vid to see more of your world!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Ha pal ... no ... harsh as in a cold way to get going first thing by going in that sea water! I had to have a cup of coffee just to warm up after watching that!
    Oh, I see. Yeah my english is not good enough for the finer details in the language.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Beautiful hang Blaze.
    Thanks MrClean417.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    OH BLAZE ... meant to ask you about your Tea Candle Lantern warming technique ... did you come up with that idea? I really like that as an option with my Bushbuddy since my candle lantern is a little luxury I like to carry with me on trips. Very clever double duty use
    Yes, I did it out of a sudden impulse, but in hindsight the chandelier called for it.
    I would be very surprised if I am the only one doing it.
    And at second thought, there could be an issue with germs in lukewarm water.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBait View Post
    Good video Blaze. Gave new meaning to hanging by the waters edge. That had to be pretty relaxing hearing the waves roll in. Thanks for sharing.
    Yes SmokeBait, while hanging where the four elements meet, that sound was balsam for the soul.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Porloff94 View Post
    Beautiful spot, thanks for sharing. Also great idea on the tea light warmer.
    It is all in the name.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by taylo166 View Post
    Great video. Awesome place to live by the looks of it.
    Yes, I made a move, and good for that.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Great report man! That looks like such a fun place to hang and although cold, I bet that early morning swim was refreshing. Thanks for posting.

Fronkey
    Super place to hang Fronkey, and such a dip is a real wake up call.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Thanks for the video Blaze! I always enjoy the tours around your area - never gets tiring to see such beautuful places.
    Thanks dragon360.
    Yes, beauty is all over, if you look for it.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Nice to be on that seaside hang with you....at least I felt I was there.
    Polar-Plunge Viking style was impressive.
    Beautiful town as well.
    All secure,
    Shug
    Oh Shug. Even though I am alone on my small hikes, I feel connected to the tribe.
    Awesome.
    Best,
    Blaze

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Blaze, you da man. I have swam in some cold water, but not in January. Loved the video and all of your gear reviews. Keep them coming.
    Thanks Nevada.
    Drinking alcohol is nice, but afterwards hell brakes loose.
    With cold water it is the opposite. Going in it can feel like hell, but coming up out of it you enter paradise so to speak.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Great post Blaze! Love the idea of the tealight candle. I am always drinking warm tea or coffee when I'm in camp. Looks as though that keeps a cup of water warm at all times without having to waste a bunch of fuel.

Enjoy seeing the countryside where you are from. That was a great place to hang, nice to see the sun come up and down over the water.

Cheers
    Thanks Callahan.
    Next video, and I will try to show you some of the more “beautiful” aspects of the city.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    What a beautiful hang spot! Thanks for taking us along.

I'm thinking of making a small wire stand to use with a tea candle lantern and cup as I don't use a big enough stove to hold the lantern inside. I think I can get a bit of light, too, if the windscreen doesn't go all the way around. Thanks for inspiring me.
    Hi JayS.
    When I am sleeping I like to have as little light in camp as possible, so placing the chandelier in the Bushbuddy serves two purposes.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by MikedKC View Post
    You live in a beautiful country. I enjoyed every peaceful minute of your video. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Glad you liked the video and the tranquility, MikedKC.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by MuseJr View Post
    That shot of the sunrise from the hammock was pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    I was just in Santa Cruz, CA and walked in the saltwater. That was way too cold for me. If your water temps were anywhere near the water temps in CA, you are a brave man...
    No MuseJr, I am not brave, just like to stay clean.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Great vid, Blaze. Judging by the quality of the homes in your videos, Denmark clearly has a higher standard of living than most areas of the US. Are you biking through the rich folk neighborhoods or is that the typical Danish home?

Also, your land use (zoning) laws must be radically different from ours - we tend to relegate commercial/business to its own area, farming in another, and housing in yet another area (we also separate low-income housing from rich folk housing 'cause the rich folk don't want to rub elbows with the commoners). Whereas your countryside looks like the different land uses are intermixed substantially.

Also, I noticed barely any trees as you biked through the center of town. Why is that? I live in a coastal community in New Jersey, on the Atlantic Ocean, and my town would seem to be anti-tree as well - I have no idea why. It just fascinates me when people choose to denude their property, or their town, of trees. I suspect that builders/developers the world over like to start building on a tabula rasa as a matter of convenience. Then they begin to think that the austerity of a treeless landscape is somehow cleaner and more beautiful than what existed before the bulldozers came. Go figure.

Can't wait for the next vid to see more of your world!
    Hi SilvrSurfr.
    The housing you saw in the video is for ordinary common people. In Denmark thus far, people have had more or less the same standard of living (except maybe for the super rich), at least if they stayed out of bad luck and spend their money in a sensible way. And as I see it, rich and poor mingle.

I should think the attitude towards zoning and trees is the same all over, more or less.

And in one of the next videos I will show you an amazing aspect of Denmark and how we have leveled the playing field so that all can be playing.
    Best,
    Blaze

Hammock
    Switch back 1.9
    Tarp
    Lawson HexaLite
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    Blaze, I just enjoy the journey to get to the hang spot. The countryside is beautiful. The diversity of gorgeous homes and cottages along the way is wonderful. Where I live the more wealthy you are the closer to the hills you are. It looks as if the homes and people are spread out all over . Just spectacular! I bet the gentle sounds of the water rocked you to sleep like a baby.
    "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
    Thomas Paine

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    That sure is some beautiful country you've got there, Blaze.

Thanks for sharing the pack with me. I'd never thought to get an old backpack and just strap it down to the rack, but it makes a lot of sense to have a small daypack along. Genius!

It sure is soothing to listen to the waves as you drift off to sleep. I just wish there were more spots to do that near me; most of the coastline is so developed here in Florida that one can't hang most places there. Even the state parks along the coast won't let you hang (yet!).

I borrowed your candle trick for this past weekend at the 2nd Annual Florida Hang out in Ocala National Forest, and it worked a treat. Thanks for the idea. It meant that I could have a cup of coffee and then a cup of cocoa without having to heat water twice (or keep a fire going in my wood burner).

That water looked cold! I sure hope that everything went okay with your bike once you got it back home--saltwater isn't something to play around with. Though, considering the way you take care of your gear, I suppose I shouldn't worry too much about that.

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful city in the next video.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by russmay View Post
    Blaze, I just enjoy the journey to get to the hang spot. The countryside is beautiful. The diversity of gorgeous homes and cottages along the way is wonderful. Where I live the more wealthy you are the closer to the hills you are. It looks as if the homes and people are spread out all over . Just spectacular! I bet the gentle sounds of the water rocked you to sleep like a baby.
    Here in Denmark the most expensive land is the land with a view of the sea.
    And having lived just at sea level for some thing like 18 years, as I recall it, gives that sound a special meaning to me.
    And thanks russmay for watching and commenting.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    That sure is some beautiful country you've got there, Blaze.

Thanks for sharing the pack with me. I'd never thought to get an old backpack and just strap it down to the rack, but it makes a lot of sense to have a small daypack along. Genius!

It sure is soothing to listen to the waves as you drift off to sleep. I just wish there were more spots to do that near me; most of the coastline is so developed here in Florida that one can't hang most places there. Even the state parks along the coast won't let you hang (yet!).

I borrowed your candle trick for this past weekend at the 2nd Annual Florida Hang out in Ocala National Forest, and it worked a treat. Thanks for the idea. It meant that I could have a cup of coffee and then a cup of cocoa without having to heat water twice (or keep a fire going in my wood burner).

That water looked cold! I sure hope that everything went okay with your bike once you got it back home--saltwater isn't something to play around with. Though, considering the way you take care of your gear, I suppose I shouldn't worry too much about that.

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful city in the next video.
    You are welcome FLRider.
    I decided 15 years ago that I had had enough of the crowded city environment so I left Copenhagen and settled down in the country side. Never once looked back.
    And glad you too are using your little chandelier for more than light.
    As for saltwater and a bike, it is a killer. When I returned home the front gear shifter had got stuck, so a good rinse down with water and then a spraying with WD40 did the trick.
    And I will do my best not to disappoint you with the next video.
    Best,
    Blaze

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast