Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps

Oh Yeah!!

Great recliner, I want one...

Otter, you did a super fantastic job. Pat yourself on the back...
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images

Recliner to Under Quilt transmogrification!

A day late but as promised, UQ pics...I wanted to get these shots outside but I ran out of light, hate it when work gets in the way! Indoor on the stand but it gives you the idea.
    To turn the chair into a UQ, I swapped out the woopies with shock cord and used the footrest prusiks and cord locks to cinch it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Images
    Hey [o]TTeR,

That's a great piece of gear. I was impressed with your hammock, TQ and UQ, and you keep coming up with more quality projects. Hope to see it at the Algonquin Hang.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Images
    You keep this up your going to have to change your avatar, to a startled male otter surrounded by floating down tufts being berated by a very angry female otter. lol.

I can't wait to see the whole kit put together at the EGL - Snowshoe hang. I think we need a tag line... Hows about: "Snowshoes and Snow Beasts"...

p.s. why am I not surprised you picked Calvin and Hobbes...

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
    Hey [o]TTeR,

That's a great piece of gear. I was impressed with your hammock, TQ and UQ, and you keep coming up with more quality projects. Hope to see it at the Algonquin Hang.
    Thanks Mongrel, I will definitely have the chair in Algonquin, all are welcome to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dant8ro View Post
    You keep this up your going to have to change your avatar, to a startled male otter surrounded by floating down tufts being berated by a very angry female otter. lol.

I can't wait to see the whole kit put together at the EGL - Snowshoe hang. I think we need a tag line... Hows about: "Snowshoes and Snow Beasts"...

p.s. why am I not surprised you picked Calvin and Hobbes...
    “Startled”?? More like TKO’d, just when I think I’ve tracked down all the feathers, one innocently floats in front of the TV during someone’s favorite show and the “Ceasefire” is off. But Mrs[o] can’t complain too much, she’s been using it as a throw blanket since I put it together. She keeps asking “If you can make this stuff, why can’t you make me a duvet” my response…”That would be sewing…I can’t sew, I can only “Thread Inject”. I've since come to realize, this does not help my cause

p.s. when I started that reply, it was titles “Go, go Gadget…” but I later retracted, the situation call for Calvin
    Last edited by [o]TTeR; 01-19-2012 at 10:13.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand
    I missed this earlier. Add me to the list of tinted green admirers! Even if I never own one, it is satisfying to know such things become reality, and seeing the photos makes me feel richly blessed. Thanks for posting.

I missed this one too. Very cool. I may need to make a pair of these (uninsulated) for the next canoe trip. I do believe my wife would enjoy lounging in one these after a long day's paddle. I know I would...

I'm curious how high you had to get your head end suspension.
    Last edited by BER; 04-24-2012 at 11:19.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlelady View Post
    I missed this earlier. Add me to the list of tinted green admirers! Even if I never own one, it is satisfying to know such things become reality, and seeing the photos makes me feel richly blessed. Thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BER View Post
    I missed this one too. Very cool. I may need to make a pair of these (uninsulated) for the next canoe trip. I do believe my wife would enjoy lounging in one these after a long day's paddle. I know I would...

I'm curious how high you had to get your head end suspension.
    Thanks! Even though it’s a fairly simple design, the Recliner has become the highlight of my DIY Portfolio based on its versatility (chair/UQ) and how often it’s in use; I take it with me everywhere! It’s been “Communal” on a couple of group hangs where the standing rule was “If you don’t want to lose it, don’t get out of it”, people seem to fall asleep in it quickly. I will have it, alone with most of my DIY gear at the Spring MAHHA this weekend.

As for suspension, there are several factors (tree spacing, desired angle/recline…) but the head end tree strap is generally around the 7’ mark with the foot end strap around waist height on the second tree, both ends are adjustable via DynaGlide whoopies after that.
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    HH Asym - looking to tweak
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Synthetic
    Suspension
    Evolving
    This is crazy good! The dual use is brilliant... almost makes me want one of those "thread injectors" I keep hearing about!

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Just came across this, what a brilliant idea! I may try my hand at making a 3/4UQ length version, that would be the perfect piece of multi-use gear for me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast