WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Now if only my big dog would/could stay in the hammock and be my personal heater!

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Looks like another excellent adventure. 93*F is certainly toasty sleeping in the wilds. Though since Kiba keeps you warm perhaps she deserves more then just a bone,LOL.
    Let me know how that Diaz blade works out. The curved handle doesnt "look" comfortable but looks arent everything.
    Be well and enjoy the Frozen Butt Hang.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks cuben
    Insulation
    WB, JRB, or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Love the videos with Kiba! I was a K9 handler for my first 10 years in the military and really miss that companionship. Had a HUGE German Shepherd that would keep me warm during a winter in Korea...not hammock material though.

Your video made me think of the last dog I worked with. We did a lot of presidential and other DV support, traveled quite a bit and stayed in a lot of hotels. That dog was great at explosive detection but seriously lacked survival skills. We would check in, head to the room, I would open the door, and he would bolt to the bed or sofa (whichever had the best angle to the TV) and wait for me to turn it on for him. Ridiculously spoiled, he was. Would not eat chicken, only beef. Hated wet or cold ground so much that he would pick one paw up at a time on a rotational basis so at least one paw was not on the ground. Very quirky until it was time to sniff bombs or bite people Great dog to finish up that part of my career with but WOW, I could not imagine him out in the woods.

Thanks for the video...and all the other great ones as well.

Jay

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhpy View Post
    I hate it when I forget stuff. One time I forgot my pack. But I had all my other stuff. Used a jacket to pack my stuff.
    haha That made me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    I like the way you tap the seasoning on your steak – tap, tap, tap! lol I suppose one good thing about the cold, cold snow is, you don’t have to worry about meat going off. The dramatic music was pretty good. The wood chunk trick might come in handy one day, thanks for that. Those moccasins look nice as... the reviews are good too. Thanks for the video (a bit longer would have been good) and I hope you make one for the frozen butt hang next week!
    There's nothing better than steak on the trail.
    I will for sure be filming the FBH this week. It's going to be such a fun trip and thanks a lot for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Great vid. Dog insulation is the best! I'm thinking of getting a trail-worthy small dog 'cause my beagle Peanut can only do a couple of miles.
    Thanks man!
    Now that's she's old enough to come backpacking, she'll be on pretty much every trip I go on from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Those steaks looked gorgeous Fronkey. Made me dribble saliva. And it really comes through that mans best friend is his dog.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blaze
    Thank you Blaze!
    Kiba is so nice to have in the woods. She stays close to me at all times and just loves to be out there on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardHanger View Post
    Your nice down boots are covered in crap!?!? That’s disgusting!
    I’m wondering how well Kiba does in cold weather? It seems like she’s good in the hammock but how about during the day and evening? My pup Koda has a little shorter hair than Kiba and I’m hesitant to take her out in below zero weather...
    Haha
    When she's walking/running in the woods she is perfectly fine. But, she does get a little cold when we are sitting down so she just lays by the fire or
    on my lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Fun video to wake up to this morning! Looks like a good trip out into the frozen north country! Nothing like the woods and a good beast by your side!
    Thanks Hawk-eye. That's so true. I love having her with me in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by questtrek View Post
    Great video, thanks for sharing .. have to get me one of those Kiba quilts!
    Just a warning. You will sweat like crazy in warmer temps with a Kiba quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Now if only my big dog would/could stay in the hammock and be my personal heater!
    It took some practice to get Kiba sleeping while in the hammock. But, really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    Looks like another excellent adventure. 93*F is certainly toasty sleeping in the wilds. Though since Kiba keeps you warm perhaps she deserves more then just a bone,LOL.
    Let me know how that Diaz blade works out. The curved handle doesnt "look" comfortable but looks arent everything.
    Be well and enjoy the Frozen Butt Hang.
    She actually got a lot more than a bone before I filmed her. I actually really like the Diaz blade. I keep cutting myself with it though, as it's so dang sharp.

Thanks man, the FBH should be a blast!

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by jayf124 View Post
    Love the videos with Kiba! I was a K9 handler for my first 10 years in the military and really miss that companionship. Had a HUGE German Shepherd that would keep me warm during a winter in Korea...not hammock material though.

Your video made me think of the last dog I worked with. We did a lot of presidential and other DV support, traveled quite a bit and stayed in a lot of hotels. That dog was great at explosive detection but seriously lacked survival skills. We would check in, head to the room, I would open the door, and he would bolt to the bed or sofa (whichever had the best angle to the TV) and wait for me to turn it on for him. Ridiculously spoiled, he was. Would not eat chicken, only beef. Hated wet or cold ground so much that he would pick one paw up at a time on a rotational basis so at least one paw was not on the ground. Very quirky until it was time to sniff bombs or bite people Great dog to finish up that part of my career with but WOW, I could not imagine him out in the woods.

Thanks for the video...and all the other great ones as well.

Jay
    Thanks so much Jay.

It sounds like that dog was really good at his job though. At first hammocking with a dog was a pain. Getting her to sit still and not freak out at every sound took a lot of practice... months of practice. But, now she will jump right on in for bed time and lay there the whole time until I move her. I don't even think it would be possible to be comfy in the hammock with a bigger dog.

Thanks again for watching.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    Another great video, thanks for sharing them buddy. Kiba deserves more than that ol bone, hope you slipped her some actual steak Love Porterhouse but only get them when the SS check comes in.
    Guess I should have sent you some super glue to keep up with those toggles, instead of putting string through them.... lol
    Can't wait to see the FBH video......have fun

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Nice Video. Looks like everyone had a good time. I liked your imrov skills. The steak looked wonderful.

* Note to self... hike with Fronkey....
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Awesome a Fronkey adventure... can't wait to get home to watch!
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    I'm digging the zip cam, are you using a fancy setup or some para-cord/zing-it from tree to tree?

Kiba doesn't discriminate against other hammocks... interesting... I'll be sure to bring biscuits when we finally get to hang together!

Speaking of Kiba..... KIBA!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome wrap job with the neck knife, very similar to mine. Putting the knife back into the sheath one handed is difficult, so I had Dutch make a handy dandy clip that works pretty sweet.

Thanks for the vid Fronks!

Happy Hangin'
    Ben
    Pass the Apple Pie

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
    Another great video, thanks for sharing them buddy. Kiba deserves more than that ol bone, hope you slipped her some actual steak Love Porterhouse but only get them when the SS check comes in.
    Guess I should have sent you some super glue to keep up with those toggles, instead of putting string through them.... lol
    Can't wait to see the FBH video......have fun
    Thanks for watching Loneoak.

I just left one of the toggles you made me at home. You know, they weigh more than my other ones but they are just so cool they come with me on every trip. I show them off to people every time I go out too. Thanks again for those.

Quote Originally Posted by babelfish5 View Post
    Nice Video. Looks like everyone had a good time. I liked your imrov skills. The steak looked wonderful.

* Note to self... hike with Fronkey....
    Thanks man. It was a great time out there. I need to get a dehydrator so I can eat some chili mac on the trail. Mmmm Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastFeastCoast View Post
    I'm digging the zip cam, are you using a fancy setup or some para-cord/zing-it from tree to tree?

Kiba doesn't discriminate against other hammocks... interesting... I'll be sure to bring biscuits when we finally get to hang together!

Speaking of Kiba..... KIBA!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome wrap job with the neck knife, very similar to mine. Putting the knife back into the sheath one handed is difficult, so I had Dutch make a handy dandy clip that works pretty sweet.

Thanks for the vid Fronks!

Happy Hangin'
    Ben
    It's a cool little righ Arcs made and with 180ft of zing it we really had it going far.

Kiba just loves to snuggle in the hammock too.

You actually gave me the idea for the kneck knife wrap. I'm really digging that thing.

Fronkey

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast