Clark Tropical 2 & XL rainfly
    Tarp
    TRG Prospecting
    Insulation
    TTTG Shamu
    Suspension
    standard Clark

Leighlo TQ length

I'm looking at getting one of these from Leigh and was wondering what size to get. I'm hoping there are some actual owners of Leighlo TQ's out there can chime in regarding their height and the length of TQ that they have and how they find it fit-wise.

I'm going to get a 40°F model to save weight, size and to have a warmer weather option and keep my 6' Western Moutaineering for winter trips. I'll be cutting more than half the weight from my current bag and hopefully a fair bit of pack space which is always good.

I'm told that the short is 72" and drops to 66" when the footbox is closed up and the regular is 78" and goes to 72" when the fb is closed up. I'm about 5'10" or 70' so I'm guessing that the regular would be about right. It's gotta be better to have a slightly longer bag than one thats too short...

I have one. I am less than an inch taller than you. I find the regular to be plenty generous in length. And the foot box has a generous cut also.

But I am not as comfortable with a quilt 6" shorter. I have a different DIY quilt that just barely comes up over my shoulders. The problem is that I have to do extra tugging and tucking when changing positions throughout the night to ensure coverage and warmth.

The larger size gives me a more restful experience. I believe for people who are kind of in between sizes (like us) that it's worth the extra weight to get the bigger size.

Hammock
    Clark Tropical 2 & XL rainfly
    Tarp
    TRG Prospecting
    Insulation
    TTTG Shamu
    Suspension
    standard Clark
    Thanks dblhmmck, I figured that a regular would be right for me. I actually got a tape measure and my sleeping bag and did a couple of quick measurements yesterday and the short definitely isn't going to be enough and to be honest the extra weight is minimal anyway for piece of mind.

• + New Posts