So myself, Raiffnuke, R3l@x, and Nighthauk hiked to Stratton Pond and hung for the weekend. Though, I had to leave the second day to attend some family matters in NYC (father had surgery). So, I can talk about the hike in, the first night, and the morning of the second day. I will count on the other fellas to fill in the remainder of the weekend.

We met up Friday morning at the Rt.9 trailhead of the AT/LT just outside of Bennington VT, the proceeded to the trailhead on Kellystand road. We chose to go to the blue blaze Stratton pond trail because, well, it just worked out that way lol. We threw on the cramp-ons, and the backpacks, end off we went for a nice 4 mile hike to the pond. Conditions were optimal, and the sun broke through after our first mile which made hiking just beautiful. We made decent time, with only a few stops to chat, and some re-adjustments of the cramp ons. When we made it to the pond, it was awesome! Just a perfect picture with the snow and cold crisp air. We proceed to walk around the pond to the north shore camping area. We ventured out onto the frozen pond a few times, though none of us wanted to make the commitment of actually walking all the way across. We made it to the camp area in due time and started searching for perfect trees . Well, Raiffnuke and I found ourselves in the same spot we were at in the fall...hey if it aint broke don't fix it right? R3l@x and Nighthauk found spots not too far away. So everyone got there hammocks and tarps hung, and started getting firewood together. Kudos to Nighthauk for all the wood he gathered. So it got to be time to eat some dinner and get a fire going. We all ate, talking stoves and other related gear...this is what happens when you get 4 gear nut, hammock guys together lol. After dinner we sat by the fire, which was an awesome fire I might add, and took in the night air. The moon was beautiful, just about a full moon. Well the night dwindled down after awhile and it was time to turn in. All I know from that point is that I slept like a rock! Well the next morning we got up and cooked breakfast and what not, and talked more gear of course! Then I had to pack up and leave, which was hard to do because I was having a great time. So this is where I will end this trip report and one of the other fellas can add to it...

And here are some of my photos!

Raiffnuke and "Hunter" (the dog) in front of Stratton Pond

Raiffnuke at breakfast time...

Raiffnuke, Nighthauk messing with his shoes, and R3l@x in the background...

Stratton Pond!
\

R3l@x and Hunter...

My set up...

R3l@x and Nighthauk's hammocks...

Hunter got the rest of someone's breakfast!

Hunter ready to go! This dog loves hiking...