Thread: arrrrhhhhhhh!

arrrrhhhhhhh!

ok , 1-2-3-4-5-6-...7.......8........9..........10........hhhhhhmmm !

they lied!
    bob-is this nylon water proofed already?.....
    fabricland-oh yes it is .
    bob- .....oh no its not !!!

does anyone know if you can just nic wax waterproof any nylon , or shall i just cut my losses and get some snake skins from hh, being as though i will spend more money on waterproofing now ?

bob

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    if it's pretty water resistant, you may be fine w/ it anyway, just using it for DIY snakeskins. in most cases the hammock shouldn't be left exposed to rain anyway, even w/ the snake skins pulled over it.
    IMHO they mainly protect the hammock temporarily from contact w/ dirt & mud when putting it up & taking it down.
    of course, if it's just water resistant, you may want another layer of protection around it when it's in the pack if there's much rain.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    I use sil for my skins. I did not seam seal them. Main reason is the 2 big openings on each end. You can waterproof them all you want, but after it is all over there is still 2 holes in it.

I am thinking about putting them into either a sil stuff sack, seatosummit ultra sil dry bag, or a trash compacter bag. That is the only way they are truely going to be protected. I am not concerned about the hammock as much as my down underquilt.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Also depends on the kind of nylon. Some of it is sewn with fewer threads per inch...which means the weave isn't tight enough to hold the water out even after it's treated. If it's a tight weave, the treatment might work for a while. But like Tim said, they'll still make it easy to pack and protect it while you're setting it up. I guess DWR isn't as slippery as sil so it might be a bit tougher to pack an underquilt inside, but they'll still work.

Why not send it back to the company and demand a refund?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts