Tarp
    Siltarp2
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    cinch buckles

Anyone sell SPE's?

Howdy all,

I was curious if anybody sells an SPE? I do not have access to a machine, nor anyone with a machine. If a retailer is not an option, any DIYer's willing to do a custom order? Any help is much appreciated.

Standing by...Bart

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I thought TTTrail Gear used to, but a search of their (and Speer's) site didn't turn anything up. I personally don't know of any retailers selling them.

Keep an eye on the For Sale section...they turn up from time to time. Nothing recent that's easy to find (the term "SPE" is too short for the search function) though.

I would be willing to make one, but I'm pretty new to DIY, so it wouldn't be pretty. However, making your own by hand sewing is always an option as well. It will take a little more time, but it will definitely be custom.

Here's some plans:
    http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearSPE.html
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    No, nobody sells SPEs. They were designed by "Youngblood" who took the designs off the market. SPEs, SnugFits, and the Speer Winter Tarps were all his design and they are missed.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    No, nobody sells SPEs. They were designed by "Youngblood" who took the designs off the market. SPEs, SnugFits, and the Speer Winter Tarps were all his design and they are missed.
    Agreed! I spent many a warm, comfy night on my SPE and if it wasn't for the bulk of the foam pads and self-inflating mattress, I'd still be using it on a regular basis.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    So is no one else allowed to manufacture these items without YB's permission? If so, that would explain the odd fact that no one has made them available. Just like the odd ( to me) fact that no one makes a multilayer, adjustable warmth Climashield torso UQ since Brandon took them off the market. It seems to me that either item would have some demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBait View Post
    Agreed! I spent many a warm, comfy night on my SPE and if it wasn't for the bulk of the foam pads and self-inflating mattress, I'd still be using it on a regular basis.
    I have only spent one toasty warm night with stacked pads in my SPE, but it was a pleasant one. But as you have spent many nights and now apparently use UQs, to reduce bulk, are you more comfortable with the UQs than with the pads/SPE?

Bartman, sorry, is this hijacking? I can move this post to a new thread if needed. In answer to your OP, as others have said, I know of NO commercially available SPEs. I have not seen any since Speer closed up shop. None of the Youngblood designed items were available at TTTG, unlike the Speer PeaPods and hammocks, which you can still get.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Siltarp2
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Thanks for the replies everybody. Billybob58, don't worry about jacking the thread, you ask questions relevant to my topic...its cool Bro. Once again, many thanks everybody.

Standing by...Bart

• + New Posts