Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    I have always found that I must Forego the Deep Sag to get a good nights sleep anyhow
    If you use a hammock wide enough to allow a diagonal position, sag is your friend. And you don't have to use excess tension or deal with shoulder squeeze as with narrow tightly strung hammocks. Diagonal positions are typically far more comfortable for more folks. That has been clear, from the feedback of thousands of members here on the forum.

I think it is probably a disservice to make the pod so narrow.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Here is my initial review of the prototype bag I have.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=48366

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Mystery solved: hkroeger28 was the one who designed the bag and sent it on the Grand Trunk. Kudos for that!

kjroeger28 - you should have just told us! That's pretty cool. and it looks like you'll get a commission on all sales.

http://www.grandtrunkgoods.com/grand...-sleeping-bag/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    Those do look nice (and expensive too ). By any chance do you have measurements for shoulders/hips/feet? Only info I can find is the length (83").

You make an excellent point on the differentiation of the type of bag to look for. The one I'm messing around with is a semi rectangular, and ultimately I think the length is the limiting factor in how diagonal of a lay can be achieved with it, along with a smaller footbox.

Thanks for the info. From photos I wouldn't think they are that roomy. And 114" long - wow. More diagonal would be nice, but limited isn't horrible.

PeaPod open on a queen size bed. I think the rt edge is lined up even with the bed and the left side is hanging over towards the floor some distance.

Hammock
    DIY DL/HH Hyperlite/WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HHSS/DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Images
    Thanks for the photo.

So it's basically a big rectangle at 72" width? I was thinking there would be a taper at the ends. Makes more sense how users are reporting a good diagonal lay in a peapod.
    Last edited by HappyHiker; 03-06-2012 at 01:16.
    Experience is the worst teacher - it presents the exam first and the lesson later. - Unknown

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    My original Speer Pod is much longer and a little wider than the current one being sold by TTT. It is a little wider too at the shoulders and feet to allow for a diagonal position. It's big and I can get you measurements after work. It's a sewn through 40*(not offered anymore). I use it over my UQ & TQ in extreme cold. But it can be used in Summer too with a 3/4 pad.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    Mystery solved: hkroeger28 was the one who designed the bag and sent it on the Grand Trunk.

kjroeger28 - you should have just told us!
    Yes, it should have been mentioned. But the more we look at it, this actually looks really bad.

So, kjroeger28 only joined the forum 11 days ago as of this posting. But, according to the Grand Trunk page, "it was developed and presented to Grand Trunk by an active Hammock Forums member". They're implying that in the last 11 days he came up with the design, sent it to them, they liked it, patented it, built it, and are sending out test units. Um, yeah.

More likely this has been in the works for a while, and this 'member' is being used to try to market the product here, and using HF's name, per that announcement page. This all seems like really shady business practices to me.

My opinion of Grand Trunk as a company has just lowered substantially.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY - HH - ENO
    Tarp
    OES - HG
    Insulation
    DIY - HG
    Suspension
    WS - AHE
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    My opinion of Grand Trunk as a company has just lowered substantially.
    I agree - this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't have purchased the bag anyway, but now I am simply disgusted rather than disinterested.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    Thanks for the photo.

So it's basically a big rectangle at 72" width? I was thinking there would be a taper at the ends. Makes more sense how users are reporting a good diagonal lay in a peapod.
    It does look that way in that pic, but actually it is NOT a rectangle. It is tapered at the ends. Mine is ~ 43" on the ends with draw strings to close it down as tight as desired around the hammocks end knots or whatever. Mine is also ~ 73" wide in the middle widest point. It measures 9 ft 5" along the top Velcro closure, and another few inches along the inside bottom seam.

Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    My original Speer Pod is much longer and a little wider than the current one being sold by TTT. It is a little wider too at the shoulders and feet to allow for a diagonal position. It's big and I can get you measurements after work. It's a sewn through 40*(not offered anymore). I use it over my UQ & TQ in extreme cold. But it can be used in Summer too with a 3/4 pad.
    Really? Wow, I would have thought they were about the same size. The specs as far as size seem to be about the same as mine. Unless maybe your Speer Pod is bigger than mine? Maybe you will get a chance to measure. Original specs on mine were about as I measure: ~ 9.5 by 6 ft.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Really? Wow, I would have thought they were about the same size. The specs as far as size seem to be about the same as mine. Unless maybe your Speer Pod is bigger than mine? Maybe you will get a chance to measure. Original specs on mine were about as I measure: ~ 9.5 by 6 ft.
    Well I was going by what I was told by another new pod owner. But now that I have measured, your pod measurements are the same as mine.
    I have 110" down the middle. The sides in the widest part is at 67" then the remaining 21-1/2" on each end taper to a 22" width. The width in the wide area is 34" with the pod closed. I did not measure it opened up. This is plenty of wiggle room!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast