Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Full stop there.

You didn't disclose that you were the inventor of a product that you were promoting in your posts. That's an oversight that we take seriously, and one that is valid. It was well right to question it. In fact, it's part of this site's Terms of Service.
    I don't disagree but it was never my intention, and again I have not attacked anyone, I am getting offended by some of these attacks on me.
    I also have corrected my signature.. Please forgive me for being relatively new to this site and for not reading the entire TOS. I have since familiarized myself with it, And have corrected my mistakes. After all, we are human..
    I'm a Tree Hugger of Sorts

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    I am getting offended by some of these attacks on me.
    You haven't been attacked here, just questioned.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    We notified Grand Trunk about this, and they have since changed the product page to remove references to the inventor being a HF member, along with the limited offer to members. No lengthy response yet though.

I'm sincerely hoping that this turns out to be a case of the member acting alone without GT's approval. I'd like to have GT's relationship to the forum be positive.

Optimistically waiting.
    This was at SPECIAL request by Hammock Forums administrators.. The only reason they changed it was because they were pitching a Hissy. Truth is, again, I am A Member, i don't think you can deny that.. and I did develop this bag. Never got paid from GT.. Still haven't. However, I do have a deal with them if it sells. They take the Loss if it doesn't.

So, please don't hate GT for trusting a Hammock enthusiasts idea and running with it. In fact, Pitch your own idea to them and they will work side by side with you to make it happen! That's how they Roll, why is this a bad thing?

Again, sorry if you guys think this was shady.. Not the intention. I am an independent person working independently of GT. But yes, I have vested interest in the bag as you would if it was yours... I never told anyone to Buy one, just that it's all I use. Which still isn't a lie. It seems as though some parties with competing interest want you to think We are trying to Fool you.

Simply Not the Case. I just want you to consider the other truth. The one I'm telling you now in an attempt to stop this madness.

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    You haven't been attacked here, just questioned.
    In his shoes, I would feel a certain hostility. It's a fair cop.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    It seems as though some parties with competing interest want you to think We are trying to Fool you.

Simply Not the Case. I just want you to consider the other truth. The one I'm telling you now in an attempt to stop this madness.
    'Parties with competing interests' is an interesting phrase to use towards an independent discussion site.

If the 'madness' here is to ask questions, then we must be mad.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Hey, I wasn't attacking you. I actually felt akin to your sense of humor dude. I was laughing with you because I "got" the joke in your Biography. Don't tell me you weren't aware of Matt Foley's skit on SNL, because your wording was spot on.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Yes, it should have been mentioned. But the more we look at it, this actually looks really bad.

So, kjroeger28 only joined the forum 11 days ago as of this posting. But, according to the Grand Trunk page, "it was developed and presented to Grand Trunk by an active Hammock Forums member". They're implying that in the last 11 days he came up with the design, sent it to them, they liked it, patented it, built it, and are sending out test units. Um, yeah.

More likely this has been in the works for a while, and this 'member' is being used to try to market the product here, and using HF's name, per that announcement page. This all seems like really shady business practices to me.

My opinion of Grand Trunk as a company has just lowered substantially.
    No sir, Making something out of wording. Truth is ambiguity can work for you or against you, it's obvious that it's working against us, However, I am an active member and I did present the Idea to GT. Not 12 days ago, but more like 2 years ago... and it is just now releasing to Market.

I actually recommended that GT make a special offer to hammock forum members since I was now a member. I apologize as I am sure they do for the wording. It could have been more clear. But, please don't read anymore into this then that.

I myself am one of the biggest conspiracy theorist, but Nothing shady was meant to be happening here, that's the truth.

-Herrick

-Herrick

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Hey, I wasn't attacking you. I actually felt akin to your sense of humor dude. I was laughing with you because I "got" the joke in your Biography. Don't tell me you weren't aware of Matt Foley's skit on SNL, because your wording was spot on.
    Thanks for clarifying! Sometimes I do get self conscious! but Yes, I live Simply and I was Quoting Matt Foley.... I'm sorry for not actually attaching the Quote reference.. I've learned many lessons as of late for this forum!

Thanks again. and Thanks for appreciating my sense of Humor! lol

-Herrick

-Herrick

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    'Parties with competing interests' is an interesting phrase to use towards an independent discussion site.

If the 'madness' here is to ask questions, then we must be mad.
    Pick it apart all you want Mr. Moderator... I understand your just doing your job.

But, were ALL MAD up in Here! That's partly why we Hang in Trees

Again, I am sorry for all the misunderstandings. I hope we are sheding some real light on what GT meant by their promotion. And I am sorry I was not more upfront with you guys and not more up to que on my TOS.

No Hard Feelings (and thanks for allowing this forum for open discussion)

-Herrick

-Herrick

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    We're not mad Herrick. Thanks for disclosing your interest.

Good luck with your design.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast