Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    What a public relations gaffe, whether Grand Trunk's or hkroeger28's. I suspect we will never hear from hkroeger28 again. Was he from WA as Grand Trunk said, or was he from Rome, GA, as his profile said? We will probably never know. It would have been nice to hear him defend himself for such a ham-handed attempt to game folks on this forum.

Now I'm really suspicious of all posts on this forum. I'm beginning to suspect that the reason this Dutch feller is always talking about the glories of titanium doohickeys is because he might actually work for http://dutchware.outdoortrailgear.com.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Well at least some good has come of this....all of us who own GT gear now have a reason to ditch it and buy new stuff from other manufacturers.

Always looking for that silver lining.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I'm sure that good will come out of this. I still believe the folks at GT are great guys; I happen to know a few. They were amazing to work with when they sponsored one of my recent book signing events. I don't yet know the full story behind hkroeger28's involvement, but my gut tells me it was just bad timing. I know I added to the maelstrom by posting details of the prototype bag I was sent for my event. I don't think that was a good idea on my part, lookin back.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I found it humorus that in hkroeger28's profile biography he stated that he's "Living In A Van Down By The River".

Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    I'm sure that good will come out of this. I still believe the folks at GT are great guys; I happen to know a few. They were amazing to work with when they sponsored one of my recent book signing events. I don't yet know the full story behind hkroeger28's involvement, but my gut tells me it was just bad timing. I know I added to the maelstrom by posting details of the prototype bag I was sent for my event. I don't think that was a good idea on my part, lookin back.
    don't blame yourself .....
    this would have come to light no matter what ...
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings

Wow, who runs this SHow? and who is throwing stones?

First off let me Apologize for my absence of 4 days or so. Some of us have issues outside of this website to deal with. Since I finally got my girlfriend moved to Acworth, GA, i thought i had a second to come respond to some ridiculousness. First and foremost. Again, I am sorry if i mislead anyone. I do not feel it appropriate to toot one's own horn. Or at least that is not who I am, though some of you feel different.

Secondly, I did design this bag, in my camper! which is by Cedar Creek on my parents property.. I spend a good bit of time there. I can post pictures. Please do not feel it necessary to bash my Life and my living situation. I am simply, Happy in simplicity.

I joined Hammock forums about 2 weeks ago because for what I do, it seemed right up my ally. After all, hammock related stuff belongs on a Hammock forum i hope. The Threads for and Topic of this Sleeping Bag was already well under way by the time I started reading and Posting.

I have no problem disclosing who I am and what is going on. It's not shady, it's just what it is. Grant Trunk wants to Offer Hammock Goers all around the nation a first come offer for a bag that they think fits a need in your community.

Grand Trunk and I apologize if you feel that this was or seemed shady, That WAS NOT the idea.

It's a Bag I USE and abuse and helped create and saw where people were chatting about it.

The only thing I believe I have done wrong is share interest with you guys, and maybe not post replys in a timely fashion, but I can't be on your schedule. Surely you folks understand.

I hope there is no hard feelings.... and if there are any seriously questions I would Love to answer them.

Not trying to Sell, but definitely trying to Share!

Thank you guys for at least reading this and considering this as something less harsh then it is being portrayed!

-Herrick
    I'm a Tree Hugger of Sorts

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    They did not even get where he works right. Blue Sky Outfitters looks like a whitewater outfitter in WA. He lives in Rome, GA where there is a Blue Sky Outfitter. They must have done an internet search to find out where Blue Sky Outfitter was located and picked the wrong one. Hope they don't send the commission checks to WA
    You guys are right... They did not get where I work right... But, it's something that can get fixed by a web guy who works for a separate company apart from Grand Trunks. Which is probably where the misunderstanding happened. In that gap.

I hope they don't send the checks to WA either...

-Herrick

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    I found it humorus that in hkroeger28's profile biography he stated that he's "Living In A Van Down By The River".

Really, I feel like this is un-called for! I hope you live in a Mansion and Your happy with yourself. I haven't attacked anyone.. and am quickly realizing that this site is not open to free discussion, but more open to ridicule... I'm sorry this has to be the case.

"Not everything is set out to be Negative, it's only perpetuated by those who are in fact Negative" -HK

-Herrick

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    I haven't attacked anyone.. and am quickly realizing that this site is not open to free discussion, but more open to ridicule... I'm sorry this has to be the case.
    Full stop there.

You didn't disclose that you were the inventor of a product that you were promoting in your posts. That's an oversight that we take seriously, and one that is valid. It was well right to question it. In fact, it's part of this site's Terms of Service.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Campdavid View Post
    Well at least some good has come of this....all of us who own GT gear now have a reason to ditch it and buy new stuff from other manufacturers.

Always looking for that silver lining.
    Why would you toss perfectly good gear because some people want to jump the gun, SLanderize me and my idea and GT for making a mainstream bag like this available? There has been no Misrepresentation, at best ambiguity.. and it has gotten blown out of proportion and is not at all accurate.

Truth is I AM an active Member of Hammock Forums... and I did create this bag! Yes GT like the idea and I patented the Buffered "reinforced" hole idea and they are paying me NET sales... It's a contract to protect my idea. and a Patent does the same thing. No the Idea is not new, but our Approach is not the Norm! What is wrong with this really?

-Herrick

-Herrick

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast