DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Yes most of us have wider longer hammocks than the commercial ones. To achieve stomach sleeping I have a 12 foot long double wide hammock. It's a dream.
    12'??? Wow, that has got to be fantastic!!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    Yes most of us have wider longer hammocks than the commercial ones. To achieve stomach sleeping I have a 12 foot long double wide hammock. It's a dream.
    a 12 foot double wide! that's a dang mansion

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    A lot of the DIY'ers have been doing 11 foot but when I got into the Wilderness Logics 12 foot hammock I fell in love and had my next one made that length. I can't believe what a difference one more foot made!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    It's all your fault Flatline! It was your Night Owl that got me to thinking. And of course the Knotty Mod did the trick too!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    DIY DL/HH Hyperlite/WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HHSS/DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    I'm sure that good will come out of this. I still believe the folks at GT are great guys; I happen to know a few. They were amazing to work with when they sponsored one of my recent book signing events. I don't yet know the full story behind hkroeger28's involvement, but my gut tells me it was just bad timing. I know I added to the maelstrom by posting details of the prototype bag I was sent for my event. I don't think that was a good idea on my part, lookin back.
    I had no issue with the review at all. It provided many details that I (and others) were looking for. Didn't contribute to this particular situation at all IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hkroeger28 View Post
    So, please don't hate GT for trusting a Hammock enthusiasts idea and running with it. In fact, Pitch your own idea to them and they will work side by side with you to make it happen!
    I hold no grudge against GT as it seems their involvement in this is minimal. Really happy to see they would offer an early availability to members and consider Hammock Forums an influential force in the industry and community.

Again, sorry if you guys think this was shady.. Not the intention.

I have to say this is one of the best online communities I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. The sense of comraderie experienced here makes it easy to understand why members (and the owners) can be a little protective at times. Welcome to that community.

*snip*......we do need positive critical feedback to make this the best it can be!

-Herrick
    Send me a sample and I'll be happy to provide *lots* of feedback to consider.
    Last edited by HappyHiker; 03-09-2012 at 04:45. Reason: Clarification/removal of useless drivel
    Experience is the worst teacher - it presents the exam first and the lesson later. - Unknown

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    More like a hang mansion, amiright?

/groaaaan

Images
    Yeah, I had to do a very thorough patent search and include some lawyers but... What I did worked and that is why they have the processes in place to correct those issues.

Thanks again to all those who are welcoming me to the Forum.. it's been a tough day, and again sorry if I offended or upset anyone by my lack of full Monty in regards to the Bag. Lesson Learned!

BTW.. anyone know about some ULTRA light Straps??? looking for good options.

AND It's awesome to see Berry Alum, they seem to be everywhere!
    I cleaned the Berry Academy Dining Hall for 2 years... its another world on Mt Campus!

-Herrick
    Holy Cow, I ate in ( and often worked in) Hill Dining Hall for 4 straight years!

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    A lot of the DIY'ers have been doing 11 foot but when I got into the Wilderness Logics 12 foot hammock I fell in love and had my next one made that length. I can't believe what a difference one more foot made!
    How do you keep the weight down when your working with those dimensions? It DEFINITELY sounds super comfortable and Mansionesc...

I guess it helps that i'm a small frame at 5'7 135lbs but i have never had a problem in a double nest with this GT Pod. It does cause sides to ride high if your small, but if your bigger it levels out with the body size..

I also consider myself an Ultralight packer and with the smallest lightest Hammock i can find I don't want to negate the weight saved by carrying anything bigger then I need. IE a sleeping bag is perfect.... and one that is Hammock Compatible adds even more to the pack-ability and versatility of your camping arrangements. Tent, fine, same bag... Hammock, Fine, same bag. Sleeping on the ground, fine.. same bag..

I believe the Hammock compatible Sleeping bag is just that.. it's not a Hammock bag that is sleeping compatible.. it's your all terrain sleeping bag that is Hammock Compatible.... Just added a little extra length and girth to make it comfortable for the Hammockers, but not to much to deter it from the other Camp scenarios.

Goal was to make it as Universal to all sleepers/campers but to focus on letting one trade a tent for a Hammock while not having to trade up to a new type of bag. 1 Bag for all! (that was the goal atleast)

-Herrick
    I'm a Tree Hugger of Sorts

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Holy Cow, I ate in ( and often worked in) Hill Dining Hall for 4 straight years!
    YEah, then we've shared the same space, but at different times! Crazy how physics work sometimes... haha

I'll confess that Dining Hall might be Haunted, at least it's pretty spooky when your mopping it at night all alone!

But, not much has changed! The Dairy is Gone now, believe it or not.. they turned it into a Couples Counseling retreat center!

OHHHH, BIG NEWS! Martha is Rolling in her Grave, BERRY is adding FOOTBALL to their sports programs. How bout that for No Contact Sports!

what are your thoughts on that!?

-HK

-Herrick

"The Guy" who developed the Herrick Bag and w/ Help from "Grand Trunk Goods" brought it to reality for you to enjoy! Like I do.. Consider me a Partner of GT and A vendor of My idea, I can't deny it! But in the end I work for You the members! And dwell in a Mom and Pop Shop called Blue Sky Outfitters in Rome, GA.. Come see us if your ever in the Neigborhood!

Hammock
    GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    GT Harrick Bag
    Suspension
    GT Tree Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSplat View Post
    More like a hang mansion, amiright?

/groaaaan
    Nicely Played!

-Herrick

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast