Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    OD, do you Paypal? Imma need me one of those stands.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    WBBB single 1.7
    Tarp
    MambaJamba
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    webbing

Hanging indoors

I use my warbonnet, same hammock I use outdoors. My room is about 16 ft long so it fits well with 3/8 inch eye bolts attached to a wall stud, 6 ft from the floor. this allows me to get in and out comfortably. No support issues. I only sleep in it 2-3 times per week cuz I still need my bed sometimes for back support (neutral spine, etc).
    Sometimes I use a 8oz UQ and a summer (7oz) TQ. (I let it get cold in my house at night).

Hope this helps

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    OD, do you Paypal? Imma need me one of those stands.
    No I don't do paypal. Which stand do you need?
    If the swing stand, spend the weekend cruising the yard sales, chances are one may turn up cheap.These were sold by the thousands and the cushions tend to go first. Cut the top rail in half, spread apart and reattach at the desired length. Mine had a rectangular top rail into which a hardwood 1"x2" would slid into. The swing portion had 2 rails the same dimensions as the top rail which I bolted to the sides of the top rail. Some have a round toprail which you should be able to sleeve a pipe over.
    If you need the portable stand, the materials run around $40.00 at Home Depot. 6- 2"x2"x6' clear fir, pr of gate hinges, 8- 1/4"x2" bolts w/ locknuts and washers, 2 quick clips, about 20' of 1/4" rope. About 2 hrs of easy hand work, a little more to stain and finish.
    Forgot the 10' chainlink fence toprail.
    Last edited by olddog; 01-27-2012 at 09:57.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

i have been using diy gathered end cotton/wool hammocks in the casa but i just bought a eureka Chrysalis ($150,first gen model) to try out. since it will stay in the same place everyday, i am not concerned with the weight and i actually wanted something 'overbuilt'. i am still planning on making a diy bridge but thought this eureka was a good test of a bridge style......so far i really like the bridge lay. very flat.

i have the mexican cotton outdoor hammock for the summer. extremely heavy (like 12lbs) but i only move it back to the garage so not a big deal but it is cool for the hot summer weather.

i have been sleeping in a hammock full time now for almost 2 years(?) except for business trips. i havent made a set of the tripod stands yet to try and hang in a hotel room.

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.9 ripstop
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I use a DIY 12' long and 65" wide made of 1.9 rip stop. On a vario stand. with a Baby orca UQ plus my DIY UQ (It gets really cold in my room down to 45 once) with my favorite polar fleece blanket on top and a unzipped 20* sleeping bag.

I have given my bed away now and have been full time in my hammock for a month an a half.

I blame all grammatical errors on the iPhone

See my Completed DIY's
    Karo Under Quilt Adventure

DIY Mummy UQ (a how to)

Full Time since Dec '11

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use my eno DN in my back (family) room by the tv and a cheapo Wally World ‘mock in the bedroom… till I get my Snipe in then that may replace the eno till I figure out which I like better.

I used HD 3” lags into the stud with D-rings.

I had the same problem in my bedroom with no good place to hang it… the room is just too **** small! I ended up hanging it diagonally and it works great! Hope ya get it working! I started full time indoor hanging on Xmas eve and haven’t even looked at the bed since! Best sleep ever!
    I’m so glad I did this… now I know for SURE when I get back to camping when the weather breaks I’ll be sooooooo comfy!

Have fun with it…!
    Last edited by RedBeardHanger; 01-28-2012 at 04:49. Reason: Added pics
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    Hey samiam, is that stand standard, or did you mod it? All the stands I've seen have been too low, and most of them have not been long enough either according to my calculations.

I was thinking of getting someone to weld up the brackets for a steel stand, so I can just insert the bottom piece, the diagonal ends and the straight "legs." If I could find a stock stand that works (and is not too expensive), then I might do that, but otherwise I'll think about the specs for a custom weld.

I figure I should be able to get at least the brackets done, so I can get my own straight steel tubing and make up the stand. I can drill some holes for bolting it all together if need be, and if I ever feel the need, I can send it off for powder coating. I used to work at a powder coating shop so I could send it there and not get ripped off, I hope.
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images

eye bolts connected to beams in ceiling
    amsteel from hammock to eye bolts

for insulation I have a couple of blankets I lay on then use a spare coleman sleeping bag rated to 15 degrees to cover myself. My garage is not heated & the doors are only a few feet away from the hammock - I have no problem staying warm - sometimes too warm.

I usually sleep in it at least 2 nights a weeks sometimes more - and those are the best nights sleep for me!

canoe next to it is an end table

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.9 ripstop
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    On the same notion, what do you other Indoor hangers use for Under insulation. My house is heated only by a wood burning fireplace and it gets pretty darn cold at night. My DIY Karo UQ is too hot but my two other UQ's combined are just perfect. Top Insulation I love my sleeping bag because its so big unzipped I can put my arm up above my head and the hood covers up nicely.
    I blame all grammatical errors on the iPhone

See my Completed DIY's
    Karo Under Quilt Adventure

DIY Mummy UQ (a how to)

Full Time since Dec '11

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I've been hanging fulltime indoors for about 4 months now in a DIY cinch-end hammock. I made a stand out of 2x4s and some scrap strapping. I run my whoopie slings through eyebolts in the stand and anchor them to one of the legs on each end. I opted for using a stand over anchoring to the walls/ceiling so that I could move the set up if I wanted to. Also, I can take the stand with me on vacation or for a quick setup in the back yard or porch. (I don't have two trees close enough to hang in the yard) I have some pics posted of the set up in one of its earlier incarnations. One thing to keep in mind that is that since you're looking at a more-or-less permanant setup that you won't have to tote on your back, you can afford to use different materials that can be for fashionable than ripstop nylon, webbing and Amsteel (this might be a selling point for the wife). There are some pretty nice hammock stands available and a skilled woodworker could probably create an art-quality stand for less than $100.
    Last edited by mrmike65; 01-31-2012 at 22:14.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast