View Poll Results: I am interested in purchasing a:

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • DD Travel Hammock (Netting)

13 92.86%
  • DD Camping Hammock

0 0%
  • DD Camping & Travel Hammock (1 of each model)

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images

CLOSED:Interest Check: DD Hammock Group Buy.

Okay. I've been talking to Nick, founder of DD Hammocks, about pricing for a group buy on the hammocks mentioned in this thread. I am posting this thread to gauge the interest and get an idea on how many hammocks that this group buy may entail. I am setting this up as a poll so that I can get a fairly accurate count of those interested. I just asked about pricing of the 2 models of hammocks: the Camping Hammock and the Travel Hammock. I did not get pricing on tarps, but I can if there is enough interest. Here some info and pics of hammocks.

Please do not vote in the poll unless you are serious about purchasing one or more of the hammocks

If you are ordering more than one of any particular model, please let me know so that I can adjust the count. If you change your mind about purchasing a hammock, let me know so that the count can be adjusted.

Camping Hammock:

Size: 2.7m x 1.4m (~8.6' x 4.6') (comfy for people up to 6ft 5", ~330 lbs)

Weight: 700g (~1.54 lbs) (not including extra 10m of webbing)

Color: Olive green

Includes: 6m of webbing attached plus 10m of new stronger rope / webbing and a small stuff sack.

Travel Hammock:

Two layers of nylon so you can insert a pad/ thermarest in cold weather.

Size: 2.7m x 1.4m (~8.6' x 4.6') (comfy for people up to 6ft 5")

Weight: 1.2kg approx (~2.65 lbs) - please note it comes with 10m (~33') of our new/ stronger webbing, which doesn't stretch, attached (5m at either end) - the webbing weighs approx 400g (~.88 lbs).

Color: Olive green

Includes: 10m of webbing (5m attached at either end), 2 x 2m lengths of elastic rope to support the mosquito net and a small stuff sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick @ DD Hamocks[B
    Pricing:[/B]
    Regarding shipping to the USA, this is unfortunately not cheap. On our website we advertise $50 shipping on any size of order - this is for purchases at the prices listed on our website. For a group buy the postage costs would be at cost price as given below:

Up to 10 Hammocks: $130
    10 - 15 Hammocks: $170
    If the number is greater than 15 I can quote you a price based on the exact number.

Up to 10 Hammocks:
    DD Camping Hammock - $36
    DD Travel Hammock (seconds) - $46

10 - 20 Hammocks:
    DD Camping Hammock - $33
    DD Travel Hammock (seconds) - $42

Over 20 Hammocks - please contact me for a quote.

For example if you were to order 15 Travel Hammocks (seconds) the total price each person would pay (including shipping) would be $53.33!

The only reason they are seconds is because of missing or weak mosquito net loops - other than that there is nothing wrong with them. There are normally 5 loops to support the net at either end so even with a couple of unusable loops the net can still be supported and with 10 minutes sewing you can have all the loops back in place.
    Additional costs would be PayPal fees and the cost of shipping the hammocks out to everyone once I get them. I estimate the PayPal Fees and USPS shipping to be around an additional $10 or less. I will have to get an exact price for shipping. Worst case scenario, you are looking at about $63 for the final cost of the more expensive Travel Hammock. Be sure to take into account that a Claytor Jungle Hammock, which is very similar to the Travel Hammock, will run you about $100 if purchased from the Claytor website.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 06-02-2008 at 07:58.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Dang, you had to go ahead and do it, didn't you HC4U? I love my DD, and will HAVE to get another one if we do a group buy. Did you ask him about their tarps? I'd kind of like to see what their tarps are all about.

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images

Thumbs up Travel Hammock

Hey at that price, put me down for one
    thanks
    Mac

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I'll check and see on the tarps also.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I have some questions here.

Question #1
    I can not see what the difference is between the DD Camping Hammock and the DD Travel Hammock is other then the Travel Hammock having two layers of nylon for a pad insertion. Other then that what is the difference between the two.

Question #2
    What is the difference between this and the Mosquito Hammock. The reason I am asking is you can get this hammock for about $30 - $35.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    The DD hammock is interesting. A non bridge hammock with a pad pocket is about the only type of hammock I have not tried yet. I'd like to know the length difference "between the whipping" of the Claytor Jungle and the DD travel hammock?

Not to hijack this thread but does anyone know if the Claytor No-net hammock has a pad pocket or not? I cant really tell from reading posts on it. You'd think if it did they'd have it on their site.

NONET HAMMOCK
    Design: No net. Just a basic lightweight fabric hammock to sling up between two trees and rest. Color: Dark Olive Green Dimensions: 300cm long x 125cm wide (10' long x 4' wide) Comfortable for a person up to 6' 5" and 250 pounds. Weight: .5kg. (1lb.)
    COST: US$45 (more than one: US$40).
    SHIPPING: WORLDWIDE FREE.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but does anyone know if the Claytor No-net hammock has a pad pocket or not? I cant really tell from reading posts on it. You'd think if it did they'd have it on their site.
    Yes, the double layer is open on one side allowing pad insertion
    Mac

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have some questions here.

Question #1
    I can not see what the difference is between the DD Camping Hammock and the DD Travel Hammock is other then the Travel Hammock having two layers of nylon for a pad insertion. Other then that what is the difference between the two.

Question #2
    What is the difference between this and the Mosquito Hammock. The reason I am asking is you can get this hammock for about $30 - $35.
    # 1 - The camping hammock is a no-net. The picture you see where it looks like a net is someone actually between the two layers of Nylon.

# 2 - The DD is 4 inches wider, and 1 foot shorter than a Mosquito Hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    The DD hammock is interesting. A non bridge hammock with a pad pocket is about the only type of hammock I have not tried yet. I'd like to know the length difference "between the whipping" of the Claytor Jungle and the DD travel hammock?
    The "whipping" of the DD is actually a sewn in channel that the webbing runs through, making it "extremely" easy to replace and mod. I'm not sure what the Claytor is - you would know that a lot better than me. Let me know if you want me to post detailed pics of the DD.

The double layer is nice for inserting a pad, or what I have done in warm weather is put a fleece blanket in between the layers.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    # 1 - The camping hammock is a no-net. The picture you see where it looks like a net is someone actually between the two layers of Nylon.

# 2 - The DD is 4 inches wider, and 1 foot shorter than a Mosquito Hammock.
    What is the material of the hammock made of? I hate my Mosquito Hammock and hope it is not the same material as that is.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Actually I think the camping hammock is single layer and somehow zips up to form a cocoon. I don't see a net on it. That feature would be nice in the winter, sorta like a hammock sock. One of the pics it looks like someone is on top of the hammock, making it kind of a 2 layer.

www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast