Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images

Does anyone own a Skeeter Beeter Pro???

Just got one myself & have a couple questions about it.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    I have the Skeeter Beeter (not the pro) Maybe I could help as the differences aint that much.

What you need?
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Not to hijack the tread, but since the SB and SB Pro are similar...
    Doctari I just got the SB and was wondering how you run the lines for the mozzi netting. Do you use 2 seperate lines and run them from tree to tree? If so do you need some sort of "spreader bar" to keep the mozzi netting from bunching up?

I can't seem to find any good pics of it set-up except on the website and it doesn't show it very well.

Thnaks for any help...
    TR

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I have a SB and simply run the lines that came with it through the loops on the netting, parallel to the hammock, and tied higher on the tree than the hammock. Spreaders are unnecessary as the netting is held sufficiently high enough to give plenty of room.

Here is a picture that shows what I mean:

http://www.thetravelhammock.com/prod...keeter_pro.htm

Hammock
    HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    I'm not sure the correct way of saying it so others will understand so please bear with me. My Pro has too much sag added to the body of the hammock. The edges have to be pulled tight to keep me off the ground & when I get in there is so much sag I must lay in the center of the body (no diag.) due to the high tight edges. (Edges being where the zipper is located.) Trying to get out is next to impossible by myself. The edge is tight so it catches behind my knees yet my butt is still so low in the body of the hammock my feet can't touch the ground. It's like trying to get out of a chair that sets too low in the rear. This puts all of my weight on the zipper edge when I go to get in or out which is very uncomfortable & I feel will quickly ruin my hammock. I pulled out the black ropes & hooks to do some measuring. The hammock measures 10'6" along the edge & around 10'11" along the body (5" of added sag?). I'm assuming that the fabric ends were cut with a convex cut & then sewed to a straight line adding this sag to the center. I heve 2 other Travel hammocks & they are made the same way only with about 2" of sag added at the most to the body. They lay comfortable & are easy to get in & out of. Is it possible too much sag has been added? Anyone else have this problem?
    My knife is so sharp it cut the sixth finger off my right hand! On the plus side, Inigo Montoya no longer hunts me.

Hammock
    SB Pro / SlingRings
    Tarp
    10x10 w/ Fig. 9's
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    1" PloyPro Straps
    I've not received my SB Pro yet but it should be here in the next couple of days. Same As you, I did not notice what you're describing with the SB that I originally received. I'm supposed to take it camping this weekend so I'll have more info after that.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    I haven't had any sag probblems with mine, but I added an extra knot on the tree sling rope that came with mine. I try to hang mine high though at about waist high then get in and enjoy the comfort.
    Chris

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjenn View Post
    I'm not sure the correct way of saying it so others will understand so please bear with me. My Pro has too much sag added to the body of the hammock. The edges have to be pulled tight to keep me off the ground & when I get in there is so much sag I must lay in the center of the body (no diag.) due to the high tight edges. (Edges being where the zipper is located.) Trying to get out is next to impossible by myself. The edge is tight so it catches behind my knees yet my butt is still so low in the body of the hammock my feet can't touch the ground. It's like trying to get out of a chair that sets too low in the rear. This puts all of my weight on the zipper edge when I go to get in or out which is very uncomfortable & I feel will quickly ruin my hammock. I pulled out the black ropes & hooks to do some measuring. The hammock measures 10'6" along the edge & around 10'11" along the body (5" of added sag?). I'm assuming that the fabric ends were cut with a convex cut & then sewed to a straight line adding this sag to the center. I heve 2 other Travel hammocks & they are made the same way only with about 2" of sag added at the most to the body. They lay comfortable & are easy to get in & out of. Is it possible too much sag has been added? Anyone else have this problem?
    I'm not sure sag is the right term to use for what you are describing. We have used sag to define the lay of the hammock and often describe it as the sag angle of the hammock.

What you are describing is the shortening of the side edges of the hammock. I don't know the term that describes that but I know what it is and understand a few of its properties. It makes a hammock more stable as it keeps you from accidently rolling off the side edges and it keeps things inside the hammock with you better-- in doing that, it makes a hammock more difficult to get out off. It also makes the edge less comfortable when you set on the edge of the hammock as it tends to dig into the bottom of your legs. Of course the more you shorten the edges, the more stable it is, the more difficult it is to exit, and the more it digs into the bottom of your legs. I have been in some where I had to get it swinging to get my feet under me and on the ground, and then 'moon walk' backwards a ways until I could stand up and easily keep my balance.

For what it is worth, I have seen two ways of shortening the edges of hammocks. One way is to continually shorten the sides of the hammock starting from the center of the hammock. The second way is to shorten the sides of the hammock only near the side edges of the hammock and not along the whole width of the hammock. The first approach encourages you to lay down the center of the hammock and might be a little more stable while the second approach allows you to lay more comfortably on a diagonal because your feet and shoulders can drop more.

One think that can effect this is the sag angle of the hammock itself. When you hang your hammock with less sag, the sides become more pronounced and aggravate the shorten edge issues of getting out of the hammock and digging into the bottom of your legs when you set on the edge of your hammock. I suggest adding some sag to your hammock by tying it higher on the trees and increasing the length of the suspension when you hang it and see how that works.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 06-24-2008 at 08:17. Reason: added last paragraph
    Youngblood AT2000

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Old tent fly
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    It seems like I have a sag problem too with my Pro. I also experienced the netting ripping from the hammock a few weeks ago. I emailed the Travel Hammock and they are sending a replacement. Just curious, they company says you can flip the netting to the bottom on the normal SKeeter Beeter but can you safely do it on the pro?

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    BA Insulated & SPE
    Images
    Yes you can flip it over. The netting stays up close to the hammock bottom when you do. As for the sag, the only time I've run in to that problem is when I'm hanging between two trees (or the supports on my back porch) that are too close. I find two anchors further apart (about 15' apart) and it takes a lot of the droop in the hammock.

Make sure you when you run your bug net lines, you don't pull them tight since when you get in the hammock and put weight on it, the lines will want to stay at the same height while hammock pulls down on the netting because of your weight.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

• + New Posts