Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, I'm jealous, I've had my ENO DN for maybe a year, it's been on several backpacking trips and I've tried to sleep in it a bunch of times in my yard. I can't get the thing dialed in right, I have never been able to get a full nights sleep in the thing, it's now just an afternoon lounger, I've gone back to a tarp camping set up with a ground pad. I love the thing but just can't get comfy in it, part of the problem is that I'm a side sleeper and no how much I have tried to learn about setting the thing up in this forum and all of the advise I have tried and all of the people that have told me they sleep on there side,,,, I can't. I also think the other hammocks are a bunch of over priced nonsense and there's nothing wrong with an ENO, it's not a newb or entry level hammock.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner/DoubleNest/DIY Gathered
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/Noah's
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies/Tog
    I love my DN. I don't consider it a noob hammock at all. Strip off the original suspension, and replace it with dyneema or your whoopies, and loose that stupid strap and buckle on the stuff bag, and the weight is very comparable with other hammocks of its' size. You couldn't get me in one of those narrow super-lightweight models. If I can't get diagonal, then I can't get comfy. If I'm not comfy, then I might as well be on the ground with all the other guys who can't sleep! I have a DIY that I like, but the taffeta on the ENO has a certain stretch to it that is comfy in all the right places. NOOB hammock, I think not! Bottom line: Do what works best for YOU!
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the places I cannot hang,
    Courage to hang in the places I can, (but probably shouldn’t)
    And wisdom to know the difference."

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by saucybagles View Post
    It seems like ENO gets a lot of flack for being a noob hammock and where I bet a few of you started in one but once you picked up a HH or wbbb never looked back
    I would not agree with this. I use my ENOs more than my WBBBs, Switchback, Kammock or other ones. Just switch the ends to whoopies & it's great.

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    I would not agree with this. I use my ENOs more than my WBBBs, Switchback, Kammock or other ones. Just switch the ends to whoopies & it's great.
    +1!
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    My ENO DN was my very first hammock and is still used the most out of all my hammocks. It's a great lounger I use daily and I still often sleep in it. They seem to be very accessible so they end up being a first purchase hammock but in the end it's about comfort and if you can get a better sleep in an ENO over an HH or WBBB then that's all that matters.
    Last edited by Bubba; 01-28-2012 at 10:09.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest prolite
    Suspension
    webbing to d-ring
    +1 for the ENO DN love here. PS I love to see they are upgrading the accessory offerings to include some originally DIY gear seen here first

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    OES Silnyl Deluxe
    Insulation
    1/8 pad
    My wife swears by her DN. Sleeping in that hammock is what lures her out camping with me.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I have several ENOs, and they're like George Foreman's children: they all have the same name. Rodney Dangerfield.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    doublenest eno
    Tarp
    old fly
    Insulation
    1" foam/sp.blanket
    Suspension
    1/2" diy straps
    i love my eno dn. never had the straps. made my own. made my own whoopies. very few alterations to a wonderfully priced peice of gear. i wouldn't want to have to make the alterations it seems like the others have to make to a much more expensive peice of gear. i figured these were small improvements but the hammock itself was workable as is in new condition. i think i'd go with the clark if i wanted an all-in-one system right out of the bag, but as we all know, whats the fun in that?! lol

I only have a single nest works for me,

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast