Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    It can be tough laying there in the dark the first time, my daughter did the same thing as yours did on our first outing. She was a little younger and a neighborhood barking dog spooked her, she is a real city girl!!!!!! Now though, my 11 yr old has gotten rid of her bed and gone to sleeping in a hammock when ever she is at the house with me. Right after I bought my house in 2009, my daughter was staying with me and said she wanted a hammock stand for her new room. As any good father would do I searched for the easiest, cheapest, most sturdy hammock stand plans I could find and rushed out to Lowes for the supplies. Two weeks later, on her next visit, she was hanging in her room. Fast forward to last spring, phone rings: "dad, can you get rid of my bed I want to hang/sleep in my hammock full time!!!!" After an astonished second I got my voice back and made absolutley sure thats what she wanted. "Yep, thats what I want!" she is now a hanger anytime she is at the house and has had a great time introducing her cousins to hanging bunkbed style.

If you want to think about a stand that is relatively cheap, sturdy and easy to built do a google of Risk Hammock Stand. Its the plans I used and I recommend it. Hope to see ya'll at the Mid TN Hang next weekend.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Thumbs up

Looks as if you're getting some great advice. I agree on hanging in the yard for practice, even an afternoon nap. Mature trees 25 feet apart should be okay. I have the same problem and put hook bolts in the trees well above my head, and hung short lengths of chain from each, to give me a 30-degree angle of hang. Now I can hang my HH from the chains, even though the trees are far apart. Just one way to skin that cat.

I'm so glad she says she wants to go back out! Good job, Mom!

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12