DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    In an age where many articles don't correctly capture the true sentiments of the subject, I thought that article was spot on!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Yeah, "Zoo" did do a great job on the article and I was honored to be interviewed with the likes of Shug and Fronkey. I'm not on the same level as those two but maybe he wanted to interview a "common man" of the hammock forums.
    Like many others on the forums, Shug's videos have been a great learning tool for those who want to make their hammock experience better. I think we all enjoy and new Fronkey and Shug video!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    That is awsome! WTG guys! Represent!! I have to say being on the forums has improved my outlook on life in general. Since getting into hammock backpacking I have opened up socially at a time when a deep personal loss was taking it's toll on me. I also developed a desire to go farther and see more which led to me getting a physical and finding out I had high glucose and getting it under control.That in turn has helped me feel like getting out more and I'm down 25 lbs and shooting for 15 more. So yeah I'm better off for being on the forums! Thanx guys for bein an ispiration to so many!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Nice article! Before you know it, hammocks will be "mainstream"! It's fun to read nice things about people I actually know!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL BD TP
    Insulation
    WL TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    Images
    Very nice fella's....Shug and Fronk's wanderings are some of the best and are a inspiration for sure...Many truths spoke about being in the piney woods that any one who's experinced it knows to be so...Gearing up and getting ready myself as a Noob, and thanking all the nice folks in here that give so much...
    If a woman doesn't find you handsome, she should at least find you handy...Red Green

Jerry,

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly by WB
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj. Straps
    Great article about some of the members.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Nice job guys. Well written article and about as true as it gets. Friends and "piney woods", what more could one ask for.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Great article. I think it is really neat how there are some many of you in the Eagan area, considering I have made several trips to our water heater manufacturing plant there in Eagan, and never knew you guys were all there. I have GOT to come up with a reason to get my boss to send me back up there for something and at least try to get together for dinner or something, but maybe get a night out in the Piney Woods of Minnesota. Whoooo Buddy!
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    It's because of articles like this and youtube you have added more to the camping world. Thanks...
    I was out last night with some scouts camping. Some was their first time winter camping in the snow. And some in hammocks. And for a few brave souls a lean-to.
    Being O/A brotherhood it's also about promoting camping.

p.s. it got down to 19*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Triggerhpy; 01-30-2012 at 22:31.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    That is awsome! WTG guys! Represent!! I have to say being on the forums has improved my outlook on life in general. Since getting into hammock backpacking I have opened up socially at a time when a deep personal loss was taking it's toll on me. I also developed a desire to go farther and see more which led to me getting a physical and finding out I had high glucose and getting it under control.That in turn has helped me feel like getting out more and I'm down 25 lbs and shooting for 15 more. So yeah I'm better off for being on the forums! Thanx guys for bein an ispiration to so many!
    Now that is inspiration in itself. Congratulations Mike for accomplishing positive life choices. Cheers to your health!

Staying on this forum has become a vital part of my social life by helping me meet some really good people. And has taken me to places I may not have gone too and to do things I may not have thought of to try.
    I'll always be grateful to have this forum.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast