Thread: bodibag

Hammock
    IO Double, GT Double, DIY
    Tarp
    Currently tarpless
    Insulation
    Experimenting

bodibag

I know this is being used by hangers but I don't know if it's in this forum somewhere; in case it isn't, here it is:
    www.bodibag.com

Anyone used it? Any feedback?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    IO Double, GT Double, DIY
    Tarp
    Currently tarpless
    Insulation
    Experimenting

bodibag

Thanks Headchange4u. I still haven't quite figured out how to search the forum

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uppaia View Post
    Thanks Headchange4u. I still haven't quite figured out how to search the forum
    On the 'gray bar' at the top of the forum, below the logo, is a 'Search' dropdown box.

When you click that, a dropdown box opens where you can type the term you want to search for.

“I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uppaia View Post
    I know this is being used by hangers but I don't know if it's in this forum somewhere; in case it isn't, here it is:
    www.bodibag.com

Anyone used it? Any feedback?
    here is a thread posted buy gail aka hanna hanger,she told me she loves hersneo

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=481
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    So I'm searching around the net with google just see what interesting shows up.

Where I find this , on hikinginfinland - interview from Jan 2010 with Gen Shimizu ( I'm always amazed how much the Finnish language looks so much like Japanese Romanji )

http://www.hikinginfinland.com/2010/...alpinlite.html

Which leads to an update on the bod-i-bag story.

With links to down loading the plans, nice plans to , lots of good color pix.
    here:

http://www.alpinlitegear.com/index.p...products_id=17

Since this thread is almost two years old now - what's the update on thoughts on this unusual bit of gear ? Tried it and still using it or tried it and not quit so handy as it looked to be?

D

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWa View Post
    So I'm searching around the net with google just see what interesting shows up.

Where I find this , on hikinginfinland - interview from Jan 2010 with Gen Shimizu ( I'm always amazed how much the Finnish language looks so much like Japanese Romanji )
    Off topic:

One of my friends studied the Hungarian language for a job he was taking. It was mentioned to him that Finnish and Hungarian are closely related to one another and to only one other language -- a dialect spoken in Mongolia, IIRC. Evidently it was brought west by the Mongol hordes.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    No wonder the other links didn't work. At least I saw the photo on the Alpenlite (sp?) site...looks neat. Says product not available.

I have the down Feathered Friends Rock Wren sleeping bag that you can wear - zippered armholes and drawstring bottom (also the Exped Creeper in Primaloft) but they don't have sleeves.

I imagine a Simplicity/McCalls etc. pattern of a hooded dressing gown could be used. hmmmm I have a knit dressing hooded dressing gown that crosses over and is belted. could cut excess fabric and insert a zipper, couldn't I?

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    Says product not available.
    The finished product is not available any more but the plans/pattern to make it can be downloaded from the link posted - no charge. And in 8 different sizes too.

The interview with Shimizu on the Hikingfinland web site, which I think was dated Jan. 2010, stated that he stopped making the bod-i-bag not from lack of interest but to concentrate more on his other products - tarp, ponchotarps , bug nets - he is a one man production shop apparently.

When I did a search on HF there were several different threads about the bod-i-bag. Perhaps I should have been more observant and posted my query under one of the threads under the DIY part of the forum. I think I picked this one because it had the most recent post and one post which had links to the others.

D

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Rider View Post
    Off topic:
    Finnish and Hungarian are closely related to one another -- a dialect spoken in Mongolia, IIRC. Evidently it was brought west by the Mongol hordes.
    off topic response:

Bear Rider - that is an interesting language link.

Perhaps the phonetics do share a common past. I don't think Finnish and Japanese are related to much - its just that I think that Japanese written in roman characters, romanji, looks a lot like Finnish. At least in some limited examples.

The first time I heard of Nokia I assumed it was a Japanese company but it is in fact a company from Finland. Which started out as a paper mill company in 1865.

But I think ancient cultures have far reaching effects we often don't appreciate. Rory Stewart, a British soldier, after his tour in Iraq walked alone across Afghanistan in 2002, and in his book " The Places in Between" reports many lingering effects from Alexander the Greats march through that country. And many believe the Nepalese Kukuri knives are descended from the swords of Alexander's army. I think ancient mankind , hundreds of years before Alexander, traveled further and wider than we today can imagine, leaving many language and technology trails.
    I recommend his book too btw - some good insight to what our soldiers are facing in an ancient tribal culture - where some believe the Afghan feisty nature is natural for descendants of Alexander's soldiers. Many of whom stayed behind or left children behind.

D

• + New Posts