Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Yes, my girlfriend and I spent a couple of weeks on the AT sharing a TrekLight Double. It was very nice, as it was still late March/early April. Two bodies make a lot of heat!

We still sleep double often when we are out hiking. We always bring our individual setups, but most of the time we end-up together for the night in her TrekLight. It's just nice...if it works for you. We are definitely in the minority on this issue, but then again, we don't own beds at our home, so maybe we are just more used to the hanging life. We sleep together in the same hammock at home about 3 nights (on average) a week. The home Brazilians are spacious for two people, but it is still a snuggle session with two people in any hammock. Not a terrible thing if you like the one you're snuggling with.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    1 tarp, 2 hammocks, 3 trees

This does require finding just the right set of trees spaced pretty close, or better a tree that has a Y split close to the
    ground.
    I have done this on a few occasions with my GF; at least once overnight. It was actually quite comfy. Once in our hammocks we were touching from shoulder to hip. We were so close that it was similar to how we sleep at home.
    Honestly, I've never tried 2 people one hammock. To me it just sounds too much like a certain video you might find on the internet. Although, I have been looking at a Headdemock Hangmat Fatboy to replace our bed, the GF will never go for it. You, could probably use it car camping but it's just not packable.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Question wanting to buy a hammock for two as well

Hello,
    I am new to this forum, but have read some of the older posts on this issue. My man and I are moving to the pacific coast of Mexico and wanted to get a hammock for jungle camping. We are slightly over 300lbs together, not taller than 6 ft. I have been considering the Hennessy Deep Jungle xl or the Safari. I just read above that someone has used the Explorer I believe, so will look into it.
    I prefer an attached bug net for easy setup, but would obviously like more space that the Safari provides. My concern is that the Safari does not have the double bottom which is 100% bug proof.

Has anyone slept in the Deep Jungle with two and felt roomy enough? we are super snuggly.

Also, is it really possible to bug proof the bottom with these sprays? DOes it really work? How often do you have to spray? and is the spray toxic?

Thanks so much for any help!!

One of my buddies uses the Deep Jungle hammock, and he is fairly slender. I have seen him in that hammock, and as far as I could see, there was no room for anyone else in there. Even if two got in it, what a jam, no potential for much comfort, and comfort trumps about everything else.

Senior Member Michelle the Camper's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat clone, OES
    Insulation
    PLUQ & DIYdown
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    My friend and I doubled in a DIY gathered end hammock I made and it was OK. It was 1.9 oz/yd nylon and 11' x 65". I'm about 5'6" and he's about 6' 2'', so elbows and hips were adequately spaced due to our anatomy. I would not choose to do this. His hammock ripped to bits on a trip in Harpers Creek, NC.
    I like the 2 hammocks, 3 trees set up for cozy companionship, so i can have my own dang hammock.

Senior Member Michelle the Camper's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat clone, OES
    Insulation
    PLUQ & DIYdown
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Oh, yeah! I doubled up with my 10 yo son at a hang at Hawksbill. We had hung our hammocks bunk style, but he couldn't sleep and was lonely.
    That was in a 1.1 oz/yd DIY gathered end that is 54" wide. Terribly uncomfortable, sardine city in a hammock that narrow! Maybe it would be fun to be smashed together like that with a lover, but NOT your kid.

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If you google Clark hammocks they have one that is designed for two people it is rather expensive but looks very comfortable!
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

Hammock
    DIY WBBB, DIY Flex 180
    Tarp
    MEC Guides Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 down UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and binas
    My girlfriend and I use a DIY version of the Clarke flex 180 and its awesome no clashing of elbows or hips and the option to use a single (big) top quilt or just zip a couple of sleeping bags together. Its a three tree setup, but possible to rig up a spreader bar and just use two trees, haven't had to do that yet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12