Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images

down pillows and support

I'm considering purchasing a down pillow for use in the hammock. for those that have them, do you find it provides enough support or does it get completely compressed? I don't need a firm pillow, but it needs to offer some support. I sleep on my back.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    I sleep with one from wilderness logic, and I love it. mines synthetic filled and slightly over stuffed because I need firm pillows. I find it works well under my neck more than head. But now I can't live without it! Hes making his pillows in down now, so check him out
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    I have the one from Hammock Gear. I find it to be a firm pillow that provides good support.

half the reason I wont give up my ENO pillow, it provides GREAT support for me and now I'm stuck with the bulk. I'm following this convo as well, this could open up a good amount of space in my pack if they really are serviceable and not just neck pillows.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I have a synthetic from AHE, A down one from Hammock Gear and a down one from Black Rock. I love them all equally and they all have their purposes. The synthetic does not compress as much as the down one's however it is much heavier. So I generally let my wife use it when we car camp. My Hammock Gear and Black Rock both are excellent pillow. My Hammock Gear pillow is smaller then the Black Rock pillow has about the same amount of down but find the Hammock Gear pillow to be much much firmer. I generally find my self folding over the Black Rock pillow in order to achieve the same firmness of the Hammock Gear pillow. I find the Hammock Gear pillow to be perfect for underneath my neck which is generally all I personally need.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images
    Good information so far. Right now I have an AHE snoring bear. It's great, but a little too big for what I need in a hammock. I still use it for ground sleeping though. So, in my search for something smaller I was just going to get the snoring cub from AHE, but I like the idea of a down pillow (lighter, more compressible) if it provides enough support while on my back in the hammock. Sounds like it could work. I have an email in to HG to see what the cost of the down pillow would be using differing types of materials.

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    I just use the pillow now .. I tried to trim the weight of the T/Q by making it narrow ..36'' is just to narrow for me .. it's pretty darn warm though .. the pillow is from the pieces of fill left over .. it's 5 layers of the fill .. gotta' have a pillow if you're using a fractional UQ .. YMMV..

"The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have a down sleeping bag (White Lion) that has a detachable down hood, which is actually flat and you pull the draw cord to cinch it. I am going to detach and try it out as a pillow or for the foot area to keep my feet warm. Thanks for the thread that helped me to remember that bag and pillow. It saves me from having to buy a down pillow.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    BigMambaJamba w/po
    Insulation
    3s BM & Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Not down, but I've found this little pillow to give me a lot of flexibility for a low price. REI Traveler inflatable pillow. Just the right shape to help get your head tilted back. Lightweight and has silicon grip dots/stripes on the back to hold position.

Hammock
    grand trunk skeeter beeter pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    home made UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    want a pillow for no added weight? I use is my columbia rain coat. it is one of those that stuffs into its own pocket for storage(apox 5x8 and pillow shaped) shove in a spare shirt an you'e got a nice firm pillow and rain gear rolled into one!

• + New Posts