First hang, and a few questions

Got my DD Frontline the other day and took it outside for a quick test since i'm due to use it in anger on the 11th...

Just a couple of things came up and I wanted to ask the experts!

Although I love lying against something, I think I might find the width a little tight at times... I believe one way to fix this is to let the hammock droop a little more (ie, tie it higher up the tree but not quite as tight). To go with this i'll probably put in a structural ridge line which will also help me hang the bug-net...

Secondly, do many people put carabiners on the tarp? Seems like it could make setting the thing up a fair bit easier...

Lastly, I have the thing in one of DD's sleeves.. Which seems to be an awesome piece of kit, however first hang I managed to fit one side upside down... I reckon the carabiner mod will make it very easy to flip the thing over, but are there any other tricks to making sure it goes up straight (especially in the dark!).

Ta very muchly!

Yeah, going with more sag in your suspension should loosen up the fabric some, give you some room. Especially on the a-sym.

Second, personally I do use the 'biners for my tarp setup. Attatch them to prussicks attatched to my ridgeline. I can hang it, then adjust where it is on the ridgeline, stake it, then pack it all back up without ever having to touch the ground. I find them to be very useful, quick and simple.

I think that's the way forward... will have to get 4 'biners in the budget at some point...

hmm, sorry, must've been thinking about different applications for them if you need 4.

I use braided mason line with a fixed loop on one end of a 5' section, attatched to a prussik knot on my tie-outs. Then I can adjust from inside the tarp vs. having to get out and do it.

I use the 'biners to attatch my ridgeline tieouts to prussiks attatched to my ridgeline so I can center my tarp over my hammock, like Shug shows in his videos.

Have you watched Shugs tarp videos?

I need 2 for my Hammock as well, still using the standard cord through hammock and around tree...

Managed to get 5 quite cheap, so will butcher my lines when they arrive!

Then I need to consider whoopie slings, and a diy under/overquilt, and, and, and......

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    The Micro Biners will work on the tarp and save weight.

My Location is Lincoln, UK, not Lincoln, US :P

Managed to get 5 'biners for less than most places sell 4. Quite happy and ready to get modding...

Could do with finding some more webbing though, be nice to carry plenty of spare till I know what I really need...

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan257 View Post
    Got my DD Frontline the other day and took it outside for a quick test since i'm due to use it in anger on the 11th..
    Never use your hammock in anger - the hammock can detect the anger and will be uncooperative.

• + New Posts