Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch

Connecting the zliner pads?

Has anyone tried to connect the zliner pads on the bottom? I see there are small gaps left and right on the bottom (inside the pocket/ where the 2 pads meet) and thought I could use some press studs or loop/ toggle system to connect the 2 pads. That would ensure that there are no gaps.
    Hope you understand what I am saying.
    Basically I want to connect the pads on the centreline to get '3 rows of pad' instead 6 individual pads.
    Anyone tried this?
    yakass.net

Hammock
    Clark North American
    I've been mocking up some pouches (trying the DIY route) today. What I am planning on doing is having a small 1/4" w x 1 1/2" long nylon tab sewn onto one side of each pouches bottom. The pouch directly opposite the midline would have the tab on the other side (ie, right pouch has tab toward head, left pouch has tab toward feet). The end of the tab would have a velcro dot and the seam of the other pouch would have it's partner.

When the pouch is slid in, the tab would pass through the opening. The opposite pouch would be put in and it's tab passed through the centerline. Then press the dots on each tab and velcro the pockets shut.

I'm hoping to get the trial pockets sewn between super bowl commercials tomorrow

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    Perhaps i am misremembering, but there arent holes in the pockets of my nx250 as far as I can remember. Are you planning on cutting holes in the pockets for the tabs to go through?

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    No need to cut holes
    Each 'channel'(running left/right) is separated along the centerline by a sewn in wall to form two pockets. This wall is not connected on either side, just on the top and bottom. Have a look into one of your pockets and you'll see. Be easy to connect the pads.
    yakass.net

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    The gaps make sense. They are so you can drain the pockets from one side, should water get in.

I can see no need to connect the pads. There's greater loss of heat from the falling away from the sides. Just jam them down.

My not-yet tailored to fit and cheap over-stuffed proof-of-concept pillows leave the narrowest of gaps down the middle of the bottom. If cold feet after several hours scores an 8 on a 0-10 scale of discomfort, I'd rank the chill I can detect down the center a 1. YMMV

It would be great to have a report from a keen observer of how Clark's Z-liner pads behave when someone is in the a hammock. Do they remain against the side? Do they "need' something else in the pockets to keep them pushed against the bottom of the hammock?

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Well that is basically what I'm thinking, they fall away to the bottom and don't hold their position snug to the body. By using stretch cord loops and a toggle I might be able to lift them and get them to snug up against the body while remaining flexible and able to give..?
    yakass.net

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I just made some DIY down pads for my North American and I sewed a little piece of velcro on each of the center line corners. When I put the pads in I reached through both sides to stick them together, works good...

• + New Posts