Thread: boots

boots

hi .... just wondering what you do with you hiking boots , are you supposed to bring them into the hammock( hh ulbp)and hang them from the ridge or just leave them on the ground under your tarp , i dont really want to sleep with my muddy boots ....... does anybody but them ina bag ? cheers bob

Images
    Right now I leave mine on the ground. I figured that I ususally left them out of my tent on the ground when I did the tenting thing. The are still under my tarp.

I tried hanging them on the ridgeline, but they got wet in the rain.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

I went camping a couple of weekends ago, it rained on us.

I had boots and sandals, sandals hung from hammock lines ( still under the tarp)
    boots went directly under me, less about being dry, and more about breaking my fall ( first overnight in a hammock)

( all my shoes stayed dry) as did my pack hanging from the opposite line.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I hang them from the hammock support. If it's raining, I'll either put them on the ground under me or hang them from the ridgeline so they hang out through the slit, so the laces are inside but the boot is outside. They get more protection that way.

At Winnemucca when it was so cold, I put them in a stuff sack and hung them from the ridgeline inside my PeaPod so they wouldn't be frozen in the morning.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

If I don't expect poor wether then they stay under me on the ground. If I expect lots of wind or some rain then I hang them on the hammock supports. I have not had any problems with them getting wet yet. I usualy drap on of the stuff sacks over them to hold out the condinsation.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I hang mine from the biner on my hammock. I will hang them in a used stuff sack if it's really wet.

• + New Posts