Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Got my new tq--good... Heavy perfume smell--bad

So got my tq yesterday-- yahoooo!!!... But then i opened the package and it smelled like perfume soooo bad the wife made me put it in the garage so it didnt stink up the whole house... Im thinking whoever helped Adam with sewing had it on and now its all over the tq.... Do you guys have any ideas on how to get that scent out of it? Im allergic to perfume and there is no way i could ever use this thing with it smelling like this.. Any thoughts?

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    put it in the drier with a bounce sheet and something slightly heavy like a small clean shoe so the quilt just doesn't spin to the edges. run it on medium to low heat.
    http://smartoutdoors.webs.com/ elephant trunks, tarp keys and crosses

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    SoCalBB -

Did we miss your email? Please accept our apologies. We have no idea how a perfume smell could have gotten on the quilt. We do not wear perfume and do not understand how this could have happened. Perhaps our assistant who was shipping the quilts might have had something to do with it? We will check with her tomorrow.
    If you are otherwise happy with the dimensions, please send it back on our on our dime, we'll send another one right away and personally see it all the way out the door. Again, our apologies.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Now that's what I call exceptional customer service!! Awesome.......You can't beat that........
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Hum interesting the only smell I've gotten a wif of when opening up a hammock gear package was some of Stormcrows hiker funk.

But all joking aside I would let it air out for a bit, try a dryer sheet and if the smell still remains in the quilt I would contact the fine folks over at Hammock Gear. They pride them selves on customer satisfaction and always makes things right.

Edit: never mind Stormcrow beat me to the punch. Great show of excellent customer service as always
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Hum interesting the only smell I've gotten a wif of when opening up a hammock gear package was some of Stormcrows hiker funk.

But all joking aside I would let it air out for a bit, try a dryer sheet and if the smell still remains in the quilt I would contact the fine folks over at Hammock Gear. They pride them selves on customer satisfaction and always makes things right.

Edit: never mind Stormcrow beat me to the punch. Great show of excellent customer service as always
    Koolaid just came out of my nose .....that was funny i say the same thing about Dutch BWHAHAHAHAH

or you can send it to me..... if you don't want it
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    I don't know, I'd be so excited to use my new gear that I'd be inclined to try and air it out rather than wait on the shipping turn around.

Anyway Stormcrow is a stand up vendor, I'm sure he'll make it right with you.

David

haha tell me about it Banner.. Though with being allergic to perfumes-- i just go into a breathing fit... I agree-- i dont think ill need to ship it back and forth-- just gotta figure out a way to get the scent out.. Ill try the dryer sheet trick and see if that works out ok..

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks storm.. Let me try can get the scent out. I figured that people on here would have some ideas on how to get the scent out of the gear(we all know how our gear smells after a long trip lol).. Im thinking the gal who packed it might have had it on-- etc.. With being allergic to perfumes-- im probably more sensitive the most.. But even the mrs told me "get that thing out of here" lol.. And thats coming from someone that used to like to wear perfume(till we got together)..

Ps.. Typical great hammockgear great customer service though..

Hammock
    WL lite owl
    Tarp
    camo BMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Hammock gear quilts are just so sweet they smell like perfume.

I got a burrow in november that had a perfume smell to it also. I'm not allergic and it was a pleasant smelling perfume so not a big deal to me. I let it hang on the clothes line overnight and packed it up the next day for a trip. I did notice the perfume for that weekend but after about 5 or 6 nights it was completely gone. The return shipping address on my box showed it came from Maryland, so I thought maybe it had been shipped to the wrong customer where it picked up the perfume and then forwarded to me.

I'm sure the dryer or a few nights out in open air will take away the smell.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    SoCalBB -

Did we miss your email? Please accept our apologies. We have no idea how a perfume smell could have gotten on the quilt. We do not wear perfume and do not understand how this could have happened. Perhaps our assistant who was shipping the quilts might have had something to do with it? We will check with her tomorrow.
    If you are otherwise happy with the dimensions, please send it back on our on our dime, we'll send another one right away and personally see it all the way out the door. Again, our apologies.
    Adam, I received my Hammock Gear TQ and UQ and they smell like, well, I don't know how to say this delicately, but they smell like Ohio. Can I return these and get some that smell like New Jersey? I'm willing to pay extra if I could get them scented like South Amboy at Low Tide.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast