Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Not that I'm encouraging division amongst the forum, but it is what it is, and we can't help the long distance division the postal services creates. I can understand with the amount of Australians that are growing, that they may want to put together a PIF that would allow them to more affordably give and ship to those in their country who may be in need of a particular item, same goes to our fellow Canadians who are growing at a great rate. I suppose if the interest grows on the need of such, and there is someone available to keep track of the PIF, then it is something that you could bring up to a moderator for consideration.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    While I am for the idea of regional PIFs, one of the reason for so much trouble with the previous PIF thread was the international shipping. Both the increased cost and wait times seemed to bring up contention almost weekly. Also I can understand the wishes of the mods to keep the PIF to CONUS because of this. My suggestion is if enough people want to do this then you could setup a free message group on yahoo or similar service for this outside of HF and self police it, knowing that it is not sanctioned nor enforced by HF.

I don't want to send anyone away from HF, because we have such a wonderful community here, and each new person adds to the culture of HF in a positive way. But I also don't want people to feel left out of the party.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    As much as I like the idea of an Aussie version of the PIF, I tend to agree with some of the other guys. HF is admittedly US biased, but purely due to numbers IMHO.

I would think that if my fellow countrymen (no sexual bias intended) wanted to PIF and maybe give frst dibs to a local, then there would be little issue.

I would love to get hold of some of the PIF items, but you definately need to weigh up the freight. If it is small enough, or large enough I would say it is worth it. Its the "inbetween" items that you need to weigh up the value vs cost in my experience.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Browny View Post

I would think that if my fellow countrymen (no sexual bias intended) wanted to PIF and maybe give frst dibs to a local, then there would be little issue.
    I thought about that, but thought it would become hard to find that Oz PIF inbetween..

Anyway I love the spirit of the PIF, and the hammock forum in gerenral. I don't want devision of the forum either ( but maybe of the PIF thread ).
    I like HF to be international, with people from all over the world with their different background and expiriences answering questions or developing ideas..thats great. People from the polar circle and the desserts.. their thinking towards their (very different needs) -that makes it interesting.. and allows me to learn alot and get a better understanding..
    yakass.net

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    If you'd be willing to guide the thread and enforce rules as I do with the current thread, the mods might be more willing. It reduces their work load knowing there is someone to be mini-moderator for the subforum.

Hammock
    TW-Military
    Tarp
    TW-Ultralite
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Loopy Line
    Perhaps the PIF spreedsheet should identify the country the item is in and the rules for postage could be "shipping in the Originating country and "worked out" to be shipped everywhere else"

That way we could list items from Australia (or Europe) that would have the same restrictions going to the US as we currently have getting things from the US, so will more likely be PIFed locally, but will still be available to everyone if they really want it by paying the extra postage cost.

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    That might be a good idea
    yakass.net

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12